Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

So I decided to book a trip to Iceland on a whim, I'll be arriving on a red eye on September 9th and leaving the 13th. My hostel in Reykjavik but I'm not adverse to renting a car for a couple of days to do days trips and the like. How does this itinerary look? Is there anything you would recommend instead of all of this?

Day 1: Arrive in Reykjavik, take bus to Blue Lagoon and spend half-3/4 day relaxing and decompressing from flight, come back and check into hostel, check out nightlife in Reykjavik.
Day 2: Rent car and drive the Golden Circle
Day 3: Drive out to Vik for Southern Coast portion
Day 4: Reykjavik day
Day 5: Fly out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

I'm departing Baltimore at 7:00 p.m. and landing at 5:30 a.m. in Reykjavik, it's a true red eye. Unfortunately I booked all nights in a hostel in Reykjavik before I read this thread. For that first day it's probably going to be arrive in Reykjavik, leave my stuff at the hostel, (the only valuables i'm really taking are my phone and possibly a camera which would be taken everywhere, only clothes would be left with the hostel), bus to blue lagoon to take in the sights and recover, go back to hostel and rest a little more, and go out. I probably won't do the few tourist things in Reykjavik until day 4 due to the nature of flight.

But I may do that F26 route if you think it's cool! I know nothing about Reykjavik but I like cities, even blah ones.

Zikan fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 15, 2016

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

One final question, what is the best car rental company that won't rip me off? According to the internet, all of Iceland's criminals were channeled into the rental car industry and rip people the hell off even when they have gravel insurance, for sand and wind damage. Is there a good company that's not that expensive or do I just have to take lots of pictures, point out everything that's wrong and get it signed before I take it, and buy both gravel and sand/wind insurance?

• Locked thread