Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
because of the way file metadata works the earliest date in my collection is 2012, but that was simply the date at which the data was salvaged after a catastrophic backup failure. I've had a continuous library since 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

defaultluser posted:

Primitive Radio Gods - Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand

11/16/1997.

The key here folks is to look at the MODIFIED date, not the date created. That will be maintained even over multiple transfers :D

that gets overwrote when you modify the metadata tags though, and as I'm a turbosperg from hell this happens once every five minutes

that's why I started tagging mo-year in the category field whenever I add more to the library

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
behind every spotify profile is a newb who failed to back up their music collection adequately in the 2010s :twisted:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

EX250 Type R posted:

I wonder if anyone can beat 11/16/97

now you're just asking for someone to use sorcery to change the tags on a file to Sid Vicious's regdate

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

symbolic posted:

that would require me to dig up my Rhapsody account from 2007. i don't even know if Rhapsody is still around.

i think it was either "Eat It" by Weird Al or "Smack That" by Akon

it is, actually, somehow, though I think they are more into streaming now

good choices tho

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

my morbid curiousity needs this

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
ATN: old MP3 thread

http://labs.echonest.com/Uploader/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
my submission to that thread was the schmorkwife argument so I'm not really in it to make beautiful music :shepface:

• Locked thread