Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

So taste in music aside, those are my oldest mp3s. I deployed to Iraq late 2005 and lost all my music collection leading up to that except for apparently the mission impossible theme song, so the oldest mp3 I have is a Limp Bizkit song. What is the oldest mp3 you guys might have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I think for my 16th birthday which would have been around 2001 I was given a brand new 40gb hard drive and it was awesome and i loaded all my music on that and it died within a week and i had no back ups and that was a pretty good lesson.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder if anyone can beat 11/16/97

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

That is pretty crazy old though because according to google

In 1997, Microsoft incorporated MP3 support into its Windows Media Player, and in 1998 the first portable MP3 players began appearing. Brandenburg recalls showing an early Korean-made MP3 device to acquaintances. Even people who weren't gadget freaks were fascinated.Mar 5, 2007

• Locked thread