Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

getting called out by a koch brother is official proof that your shithead percentage is either 0 or 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

makes sense. the Koch bros aren't nuts like their haters think

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shaggar posted:

i liked that will ferrell movie where they wanted to sell north carolina to china

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kalstrams posted:

my takeaway from the tweet is that gop fire is much bigger than i thought of it

basically imagine if some consumer reports guy said "the new Tesla could be the greatest car on the market ... if it was actually built by a competent manufacturer and didn't have all of this dumb touch screen bullshit"

and then people only read the first part

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

they're not insane; they're evil

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

they're not insane; they're evil

they are libertarians so both

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

computer parts posted:

basically imagine if some consumer reports guy said "the new Tesla could be the greatest car on the market ... if it was actually built by a competent manufacturer and didn't have all of this dumb touch screen bullshit"

and then people only read the first part
uh im not sure i get the analogy :saddowns:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kalstrams posted:

uh im not sure i get the analogy :saddowns:

Koch is saying "if Hillary changes all of her positions, then yeah she'd probably govern better than these weirdos"

certain progressives are reading that as "Hillary at this exact moment is the perfect candidate for the Kochs"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

a super rich libertarian is a guy who wants his child sex dungeon to be recognized as legal in all 50 states

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

computer parts posted:

Koch is saying "if Hillary changes all of her positions, then yeah she'd probably govern better than these weirdos"

certain progressives are reading that as "Hillary at this exact moment is the perfect candidate for the Kochs"
oh i see. im reading it more closer to progressives than what he is saying, though i see it as koch condemning gop, rather than praising hillary

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

kalstrams posted:

oh i see. im reading it more closer to progressives than what he is saying, though i see it as koch condemning gop, rather than praising hillary

What they're essentially saying is that the GOP is insane and bad for business, not that Hillary is their choice.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cjs: there's always more tools and languages and configs that i don't understand :cry:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

oh thanks onedrive for chewing through my mobile data cap, having a copy of my entire onedrive in my laptop is actually a very good idea that totally doesn't defeat the whole purpose of cloud storage

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flakeloaf posted:

oh thanks onedrive for chewing through my mobile data cap, having a copy of my entire onedrive in my laptop is actually a very good idea that totally doesn't defeat the whole purpose of cloud storage

:yaycloud:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

flakeloaf posted:

how much anime do you store in your onedrive?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

data caps are a joke

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Liver Disaster posted:

data caps are a joke

also 911

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

6gb is a lot for a phone if you don't have a very flawed misunderstanding of how :yaycloud: works

i thought it was like "sure i'll just hold this for you and when you need it again just ask", and not "thanks for the photo album i'll be sure to push it to every computer you log in to from now until the end of time just in case you might want to see DSC00427.NEF after a local cell tower has fallen over

also lol there's no obvious way to declare a usb internet connection as a metered connection so :shrug:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The worst part about hot humid weather is the stickiness. I take my wallet out of my pocket and my pocket lining comes out with it. It's only 72 F out too. Just humid. Yuck.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

it went down to freezing last night and it's only 5 outside right now

can we say 'indian winter' or is that racist

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cjs: gently caress people who are so terrified of merges that they have to rebase all the time and revert merges that do happen :rant:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

prefect posted:

also 911

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Liver Disaster posted:

data caps are a joke

suck it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

yeah. the point of clod is its everywhere you need it. if you're too cheap for unlimited data u can check the poverty connection options to throttle it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

prefect posted:

also 911

nice hehe :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPNK0VspQ0M

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Shaggar posted:

yeah. the point of clod is its everywhere you need it. if you're too cheap for unlimited data u can check the poverty connection options to throttle it.

where i need it is on teh cloud drive where i put it, so if want it on the local machine i can click the button and download it but that option doesn't exist. throttling is slow down, i want stop

also unlimited mobile data hasn't been invented in my frozen wasteland home and i'm not paying $400 a month for 60 gigs sooooooo......... stop it is

i'm glad we have this new technology that obsoletes carrying around usb sticks

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

flakeloaf posted:

where i need it is on teh cloud drive where i put it, so if want it on the local machine i can click the button and download it but that option doesn't exist. throttling is slow down, i want stop

also unlimited mobile data hasn't been invented in my frozen wasteland home and i'm not paying $400 a month for 60 gigs sooooooo......... stop it is

announced today https://blogs.dropbox.com/business/2016/04/announcing-project-infinite/

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

:toot: hooray everyone our big hard drive now acts like a big hard drive

seriously though that's cool and good

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Shaggar posted:

idgi, does Germany not have hunters?

they do, they have like 2 million wild boar that they try to bring down to like idk, 100k or summat each year?

those fuckers breed. each sow can produce like 8 offspring it's crazy

then stuff like this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xeXNQYl3F4

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Liver Disaster posted:

data caps are a joke
good news, as part of the time warner / charter merger, they have agreed to not make any internet data caps for 7 years

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

current pittsburgh status: some dumb bitch called into our local npr show asking if high schools with transgender policies would have to install urinals in the female bathrooms :vd:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

you can tell it whjat to sync and what not 2 sync. also theres super poverty mode where you can tell it not to sync at all over metered connections

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
speaking of sync, i wish google drive would be cheaper, having no space between 100gb for $2/mo and 1tb for $10/mo is criminal, i want more than 100gb but i don't need 1tb

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

GameCube posted:

current pittsburgh status: some dumb bitch called into our local npr show asking if high schools with transgender policies would have to install urinals in the female bathrooms :vd:

what was the response

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

please be "click dial tone"

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

kalstrams posted:

my takeaway from the tweet is that gop fire is much bigger than i thought of it

someone put it really well yesterday in i forget which thread: imagine sane people are a group of cats sitting on a fence watching a dog (gop) get chased around a yard by a bear (tea party, trump, et. al)

the cats look at each other and ask 'idgi why doesn't the dog just climb up something to get away??'

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

nah smart libertarians are 100% aware of the consequences of their ideology they just don't give a poo poo

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

GameCube posted:

everyone who calls in to those on weekday afternoons is insane, dude. we have a guy who gets on almost every day and screams about civil war in africa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Necc0 posted:

smart libertarians

object not found

• Locked thread