Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

By the creators of I Am Bread and Surgeon Simulator comes a physics-based sky pirate exploration MMO with grappling hooks and wing suits. It's awesome.

Join the TSA today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE8ARpDTF2w
https://www.worldsadrift.com/forums/topic/securing-the-skies-with-tsa/

Slam Whales Alliance/Discord
https://www.worldsadrift.com/alliances/slam-whales/
https://discord.gg/7cbMuVe

Server: US East
Business model: Buy2Play, they release founder packs as they can sustain them so the game goes on sale/off sale every couple days.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/322780/Worlds_Adrift/

Map:
B3 is the home of the Slam Whales/TSA

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jul 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was thinking you were late on a new thread.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Orv posted:

I was thinking you were late on a new thread.

I've been looking for a while.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
this looks really really cool and i dig the wind waker look. i don't like the music though. a simple piano tune on top of a simple glowy reverb synth is like the most contrived way to make something ~emotional~ and it absolutely doesn't even fit the asthetic

e: the gameplay video you linked is about breakfast biscuits

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 13, 2016

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

So is this a PvP thing or a PvE thing?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i registered

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Space Monster posted:

So is this a PvP thing or a PvE thing?

they said its full open PvP in something I saw

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

will the flying manta rays in this game leave trails of electrified sludge??

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
The graphics are bad and while swinging around is neat, the whole thing is too gimmicky to survive.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Freakazoid_ posted:

The graphics are bad and while swinging around is neat, the whole thing is too gimmicky to survive.

maybe, but i think if they could replace the swinging around with like a hose/water based jetpack it could have staying power

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Freakazoid_ posted:

but enough about minecraft

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Anyone here in the Alpha? It's pretty good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Anyone here in the Alpha? It's pretty good.

i would like to be

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
any news on when it comes out?

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
How did you swing that?

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
I like the concept but am really skeptical at this point. I worry that it's one of those ideas that looks nice on paper but doesn't translate to good gameplay.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

nigga crab pollock posted:

this looks really really cool and i dig the wind waker look. i don't like the music though. a simple piano tune on top of a simple glowy reverb synth is like the most contrived way to make something ~emotional~ and it absolutely doesn't even fit the asthetic

e: the gameplay video you linked is about breakfast biscuits

it feels like the creators are overcompensating for how silly their previous games are.

I think this all hangs on how good the swinging mechanics are. If this is MMO spiderman 2 with gliding, I think I'm sold.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Reiteration #6,637,776,216
Looks interesting. Maybe I won't miss the NDA deadline next time.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
This looks awesome. Signed up.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Yeah the game's pretty drat cool. Hopefully when it opens up we can make some big ships and fly around together, it's a gorgeous game with great swinging and aerial combat. And there might be a flag of Gaben that you can place down.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Didn't get in, was really looking forward to swinging around in VR

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

How long do they expect the closed beta to last?

Also, preemptively suggesting Loving Loaf Partners for the guild name.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
This game reminded me of an oldass game where you were exploring flying islands and got your own flying-island-ship. Can't remember how it's called, but this one looks almost the same.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Kirs posted:

This game reminded me of an oldass game where you were exploring flying islands and got your own flying-island-ship. Can't remember how it's called, but this one looks almost the same.

Project Nomads? I remember picking that game up for $1.00 at a Half-Price Books a few years ago. Was an... interesting game. Some weird hybrid of tower defense and rail shooter.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Syndlig posted:

Project Nomads? I remember picking that game up for $1.00 at a Half-Price Books a few years ago. Was an... interesting game. Some weird hybrid of tower defense and rail shooter.

That game was fun as hell. Super janky and weird, but fun. I get the same vibe off of this.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Syndlig posted:

I think it is, it was one of the first computer games I played, so I don't really remember it in details. But thanks for nostalgic feeling. :3:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

i will download and play this game once its out.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Eonwe, remind me to play this game or whatever.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Mux posted:

Eonwe, remind me to play this game or whatever.

same

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
has potential

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
Looks like it has potential, but it could easily flop due to relying too heavily on a gimmick.

I hope it lives up it's potential though, I really do. I really wanna fly around being sky pirates with friends/goons/both I guess.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

I don't believe it's a gimmick. It's just a DayZ-esque game with airships and grappling hooks.

You explore a large world and shoot other people. Every mechanic currently in the game feeds into a core gameplay loop, that of gathering resources, building and improving a ship, exploring, and occasionally fighting. If that's what you're into then you'll love this game. If not, then you won't, simple as that.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

When we were goonrushing archeage I realised that the only fun thing about that game was gliding through the air with aerial physics. I remember thinking that someone should go make a whole game around gliding and flying. So stoked, think I'll spend too much time on this

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Island creator now on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/271920

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

so they're doing the whole Everquest Next Landmark thing huh

lmbo

Dirtybilly
Jul 27, 2013

Just signed up I think it looks pretty good (I hope). We have an alliance?

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

so they're doing the whole Everquest Next Landmark thing huh

lmbo

Yeah, they're not charging for it though and it looks way easier to make not poo poo.

HBPrince
Feb 22, 2012
edit: looks like 45min of footage already posted my bad.
I'm in the alpha and it's pretty fun.

HBPrince fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 6, 2016

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Registered. Looking forward to having fun with goons and loosing interest after a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Dirtybilly posted:

Just signed up I think it looks pretty good (I hope). We have an alliance?

I found 2 goon squad registered there.