Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
I'll play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I'm in, much to my surprise.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I'm in with whatever bullshit Eonwe is pulling this time

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im not gonna lead a guild tho! im just gonna be in one

that gooncross one

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I've said my piece

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I joined the guild but the bread boys don't want people with underpowered poo poo playing I guess

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I didn't get in... But maybe next time!

Also, I would compare this game to ARK survival evolved or RUST than a typical MMO.

Not having to level up to learn how to craft stuff is a good call. ARK is fun but it can be way too grindy at times.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I was thinking that when I get to play this game im going to try and make a ship that's as small and fast as possible for like 2 people. Then get as many people as I can to make the same ship and call ourselves the zika squad! Our emblem will be a mosquito.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Eonwe posted:

ok well some of us are going to be in this alliance

feel free to join or whatevs

https://www.worldsadrift.com/alliances/super-dimension-fortress-gooncross/

that "other" goon alliance

what other one???

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Lastgirl posted:

that "other" goon alliance

what other one???

spins around three times
stares into the mirror
discord discord discord

Holo
May 9, 2013
3 pages of hot garbage ty all

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
holo here helping to make it 4 pages

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Third World Reggin posted:

holo here helping to make it 4 pages

im gonna help make mmo hmo great again

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
make games forum great again also

Third World Reggin posted:

spins around three times
stares into the mirror
discord discord discord

i dont use discord, i use skype???

sometimes AIM

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i use msn messenger

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
me, well im a trillian type guy myself

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Digsby, motherbitches.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Yo gently caress dick delete this now

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

Yo gently caress dick delete this now

No prob fam.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

No prob fam.

Thank you

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

The new one is acceptable

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

The new one is acceptable

When are we playing Path of Exile. I havent seen you in a few days except though your window.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Soon I'll be home tonight and set it up. I have a bunch of work I'll need to do on Monday though

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

bergfu more like bergpoo

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Rude

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
Is there fishing in this game

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

i use msn messenger

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So are we gonna use this thread or the Games thread? :confuoot:

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

I'll shut the thread if you guys want but it is a MMO and there's significantly higher visibility in here, meanwhile you're competing with ARK and Battlefield 1 threads in the other. Thread with a post from yesterday is already on the 5th page.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Kimsemus posted:

Why not both threads? Works for other games.

But join the Games group, since that actually has players in it

Jackard fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 8, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I'll shut the thread if you guys want but it is a MMO and there's significantly higher visibility in here, meanwhile you're competing with ARK and Battlefield 1 threads in the other. Thread with a post from yesterday is already on the 5th page.

yea mmo hmo is bustling and its so hard to keep up with

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

yea mmo hmo is bustling and its so hard to keep up with

9800 views vs 2200 and this thread is newer. If someone is looking for a MMO, they're going to go to MMO HMO. Not page 10 of the games section. Remember when the Ultima Online Forever thread moved out of here and into the games section?

I've seen the growing sentiment that the HMO should go away and I think that's a terrible idea.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
I'm totally okay shutting down my thread and migrating everyone over here. One less thing to loving manage.

I'm still in charge of the SDFG at this time though, that won't change.

Some fun stuff from the alpha was shared among those that were in the alpha. I don't think we can talk about them without breaking NDA but some super hilarious things happened that made other people mad. It involved TNT and Airships. That's all I can possibly bend without intentionally getting in trouble.

Alex - feel free to take my OP and use it if you'd like.

The following information taken from the website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guVUPJbpwyM

FIND WHAT WAS LOST AND REBUILD WHAT WAS DESTROYED

A thousand years ago, a cataclysmic event shattered a world into floating islands scattered across an endless skyline. Civilizations tumbled, societies collapsed, and all seemed lost.

From the rubble emerged ragtag bands of nomads, who fly cobbled-together skyships from island to island, scavenging for resources to keep moving. These are the players of Worlds Adrift: Explorers of a new world and seekers of ancient knowledge.

Within the coveted ruins of the past, cryptic and forgotten fragments of the technologies developed by civilizations who built much, and over saw the collapse of it all. Harnessing such forgotten knowledge, players build greater and more powerful skyships that carry them further, past the crushing wind walls, through devastating lightning storms, to entirely undiscovered islands holding the mysteries of an earlier age.

Either working alone or with a crew of friends, players will choose their own path, create their own stories, and tell their own tales. To jealously guard knowledge or work together to rebuild society is up to them; these choices will constantly shape the characters they become and the universe they live in — the Worlds Adrift.

What the gently caress is this?

This is a game that is like every other game but it's more cartoony and fun. Or something. I don't really know. The website doesn't really say poo poo about what the game is SUPPOSE to be but that it's going to be THE BEST GAME EVER and WAYYYY BETTER than those OTHER survival/crafting games like DayZ and ARK. Like. SO MUCH BETTER. The goal is to find people you can tolerate and make other people's lives miserable by blowing up their flying bathtubs and stealing their soap.

There has been no discussion about gameplay or how things work. There are some pretty cool videos. I'm kinda getting a Star Citizen vibe but the videos released by Bossa Studios actually show people running around in a world that isn't a loving piece of poo poo and actually blowing things up. Also. This game ACTUALLY has WHALES. So obviously this game is going to loving ROCK. Also you can do everything and anything. So yeah Star Citizen but on ONE world. Worlds will be coming in two weeks. :mmmsmug:

I got questions about poo poo

Cool. Then you should probably read this.

Discord Server for Worlds Adrift

Be advised that this is a General chat for everyone that is interested in WA and is NOT catered toward goons, just a general place for fans/players of Bossa/WA.
https://discord.gg/0qJDwWAQovKRp3Pv

How much is the game/How can I play?

No price set yet but it will be released on Steam. People are hoping it won't be more than $30. Bossa has said it will be Buy to Play. You can't play the game right now but Bossa has released info that some sort of stress test will be coming SOON(two weeks) and to SIGN UP NOW TO BE CONSIDERED!

Will there be carebears to make cry?

OH. GOD. YES.

Is there a group getting together?

https://www.worldsadrift.com/alliances/super-dimension-fortress-gooncross/ - Super Dimension Fortress Gooncross. SDFG. I made this but I don't want to be guild leader after launch.
The Discord for SDFG is here, all herp derp goons welcomed here - https://discord.gg/9trqcCH

What is the goal of SDFG?

Honestly at this time during alpha/beta, just play and have fun. Find bugs, report bugs, play with goons, play without goons, whatever. We can figure out how we feel about the game as it gets closer to launch and determine how we want to approach the game. Basically, free reign as you explore the game. (If you're one of the lucky few to have been invited thus far!) I don't feel like this game is going to be everyone's cup of tea. As we get a feel for how big the Alliance will be we'll do democracy and figure things out near launch. Even our Alliance NAME at this time is temporary, we could be called Flying Bathtubs if that's what you guys want.

If you know FOR A FACT that you want to go pillage, murder everything/one post WA launch then I think Tempus Thales GoonWaffe Alliance will be more your style. I know that I won't be taking SDFG to that extreme but I do know that we will do whatever it takes to "own" whatever stupid island/islands we claim as ours. Or whatever. There is not hard facts yet if it even really matters to "own" anything. This isn't EVE and it's certainly more open-ended than any MMO I've played so far so it could truely be up to players to create drama, if that's the case, we will be very, very, very good at it. Because we are goons and the brown sea gets so salty about everything.

What is the fee to join SDFG?

10 Whale Coins as negotiated by TheSaltyDragon. Thanks to Jackard for the snazzy new emblem and lore direction I'll be taking the Alliance in.

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 8, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Collaboration! I am excited to play this probably bad game with goons, but it is true the MMO HMO, imo, might be a better space for exposure.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Man, I just want to commit skycrimes. Why won't they let us old hardware havers in?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
No one cares about NDA here. Just loving post.

I only got a few hours in but had a good time. Crafting needs a lot of work and assembling ships by myself was god awful. That being said I can see I nice core to this game and look forward to further development.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Goty already.