Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Wait is this out already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Just stick all the bits on your husk.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

ElBrak posted:

NDA is lifted, here my story: I played for ten minutes and didn't know what the gently caress to do.
:laffo: I guess thats normal for an alpha where you cant talk to anyone

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

You can't even lock doors and chests? :wtc:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Did this game get delayed yet?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Shalhavet posted:

Wings and wall panels like to freak out and randomly murder you. I have a recording from my twitch stream if anyone wants.
:yeah:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Now that you mention it I got one also. I had stopped checking

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Yea do it over PMs if that's your goal, keys posted openly are almost always grabbed by outsiders or lurkers

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I guess this is their first stress test

1. Did Pavlov get a friend key yet

2. Is :v: Alliance Leader Alexander DeLarge :v: gonna be around for this or should we set up a temp group?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 17, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

It looks like the WA channel was removed from SA discord due to inactivity so I'm setting up a new one with the old guild logo

:discourse:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I'll shoot you my extra key if no one else does

"Slam Whales" discord is up with a basic invite setup (since the last one was raided by EVE spergs)

:siren: https://discord.gg/7cbMuVe :siren:

Post your discord name here after joining so I can confirm you

Jackard fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jan 18, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

:smugdon:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Apparently this one is running until Early Access, which is sometime Q1 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Our latest ship

Discord is here https://discord.gg/7cbMuVe

Calef posted:

Are locks something you have to research/find in a chest?
I don't think they are in yet.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Hra Mormo posted:

It's our cunning new design, the external engine is just for distraction while the hull hides the 2 inaccessible main engines. We already had some guy try to grapple onto the ship and wreck the cores/engine, they seemed perplexed when no matter how much they salvaged the two cores on the bottom the ship would not sink. Sadly because I'm a dumbass I then made the 3 wings out of SOLID GOLD so the drat thing would only reach like 10-15 knots. You also can't see the rest of the guns but it had 3 in that iteration and we added a 4th.
Here's a closer pic of Mk 1

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

https://www.worldsadrift.com/forums/topic/a-peek-at-upcoming-changes-in-alpha-5-3-and-beyond/

:jerry:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sounds like we'll actually get to use cannons and bombs next patch

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I doubt they'll add any sort of autopilot either, formations or otherwise

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

forge posted:

I auto piloted through a wind wall last night. Autopilot is basically already in the game. Formations are dumb and they should never be. Just drive your boat.
Leaving the the helm on "forward" isn't really the same thing as autopilot though

Same reason I don't expect them to ever add an official map

Jackard fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 27, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Devs mentioned in a blog or something that they can pretty much add or remove islands on a whim

(they worded it "sink or rise")

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 27, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

They just posted this today https://www.worldsadrift.com/blog/beyond-the-wall/

quote:

We are ready to unveil something we’ve been working on for a long time; a system, which will underlie all your future travels and travails in our segmented skies… the Biomes!

When the clouds part on our upcoming Alpha 6, you’ll begin your journey in the Wilderness, an idyll of gentle creatures amidst bountiful forests. As your first skyship rises above the foliage, your ambitions too will soar, and you may cast a curious glance through the wind wall to the sleepy villages of the Expanse. Only after plundering many a forgotten settlement, will you have the equipment (and the gumption) to tackle a storm wall and even then, you may fail. But one day, you will rest and repair your battered ship in the Remnants.

And there your journey will end. What more can a sane man hope for? You might hear legends of a desert beyond the sands – you might even meet a deranged skysailor, who swears on his mother that he’s been there, but who would risk a trip to the Badlands? This is only the beginning for our drifting worlds; as we develop them, they will grow further apart and one day, you may discover others. But even now, you will find that each has its own character and the risks and rewards of travelling between them will keep you pondering your next journey like never before. The islands, their animal inhabitants, discarded treasures from past eras, and the weather walls that guard them change as you venture ever further from your origin.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Far as I know, alliances don't actually do anything ingame yet. Alpha 5 also had a funny bug where the interface told every single player they were in our alliance.

Discord link is here: https://discord.gg/7cbMuVe

Jackard fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 6, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Alliance leadership was passed on to me just now - anyone wanting to join that, I can accept your invite.

https://www.worldsadrift.com/alliances/slam-whales/

It uses their official forums instead of Steam, so post your account name here or on Discord.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 7, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Got you in the alliance, but right now that's just for show. We group up through Discord.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 10, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

************ Alpha Status ************
Current: 5.3 (in progress)
Upcoming: 6.0 (not started)

Alpha 6 start date not yet released.
Alpha 6 keys not sent out yet.

Alpha will run until Closed Beta. (End of April)
Closed Beta done via Steam Early Access.
Beta will run about 3-4 months
Public Early Access phase will follow Beta.

:chloe:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Alpha 6 is out! https://www.worldsadrift.com/blog/worlds-adrift-6-0-live-full-patch-notes/

:siren: Respawns :siren:
Player respawns now have timers, random respawn is 2 per day and keeps you within the current zone, and you lose your personal reviver when respawning at any island. Don't use these up before joining a group!

Changes
They added progression to worldgen. The world is split by weatherwalls into four biomes with different rewards. There is a sandstorm now.
They added upgrades and new restrictions to shipbuilding.
They replaced health regen with a cooking system. Harvest trees and animals for the new food.
You can climb everything except buggy poo poo like stairs and certain ship parts. Press Q to grab a nearby surface and WASD to move around.
You can combine different quality resources.
You need to restart the client every few hours to get rid of island loading lag.
I'm hearing that falling damage is more severe.
Junk left on islands will decay.

:pilot:

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 6, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Hard to tell if thats good. Can be irritating but that and the respawn timer makes pvp feel more meaningful.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

First balance patch https://www.worldsadrift.com/forums/topic/alpha-6-balance-changes-7th-april/

Good
– Faster metal respawn
– Metal nodes increased and yields doubled
– Reduced screen shake

Bad
– More islands have respawners

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I'm away for a few days and unable to check but before the patch there seemed to be a reasonable number of spawners - they just forgot or didn't consider tying them to islands with abundant resources, so players were ending up stranded.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Then you'd already be in, but they won't send more friend keys.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

KM Scorchio posted:

Registered an account and submitted an application to Slam Whales. Game looks cool, any ETA on the beta?
Probably sometime in June. This last alpha ended up really quiet.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Our alliance is Slam Whales - it was named Gooncross before the alpha came out.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 28, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

But the old name was showing up in one of the live streams today for some reason. Weird.
Alliances never worked - every player shows up with our old tag on their sheet.

We communicate through Discord - the website alliances get spammed with apps, so you'll have to post your info here if you want in that.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

forge posted:

It seems there were just hundreds of dead ships at the bottom of the world causing the lag before. He told me that they were manually removing them
:allears:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Blazing Zero posted:

if it was 20 bucks, id probably get this. but its def not worth 35
Price will probably drop for release. That's how these founder things usually work, right?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Pavlov posted:

He starts poo poo because you said his ship was absurd, then spends the rest of the fight tripping over his horrible ship design.
Yea watching the other end was great, that guy was mistaken in so many ways

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Hey if devs are concerned about physics lag maybe they should ditch the lovely paneling system

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

What just have it work like decks and "skin" a given section of ship?

That's what we've been forever suggesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I've dealt with this guy in the past and doubt he can handle any level of pvp - he freaks out over stuff