Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Yea you can do exactly that when docked, there is a salvage deck/frame option once all parts are removed. Throw the parts midair so there is less chance of them glitching through the island surface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

http://steamcharts.com/app/322780

Population has never been better. Our discord doesn't have a regular crew yet so in the meantime I've been linking people to an allied discord to fill the gaps.

My main learned some important schematics last night, including gliders. Almost ready to leave this endgame sector.

In-game guilds should be coming in about two weeks.

Mapping guild has almost finished the new world https://jerodar.github.io/WAMap/

Jackard fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 31, 2018

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

xanif posted:

I like the most recent plan of putting an alt on the pvp ship while you leave your main on your own ship to farm knowledge on your own time. Also having spare (damaged) revivers so that we can pick people up without putting down a shipyard.
It's the way to go... don't need xp to man a cannon

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

While possible, soloing this game is not recommended. Even having one other person on your ship helps a lot.

Until crew revivers are added, the simplest method for grouping is reserving one character for your personal ship or bank and registering the others to allied ships. Then allies do the same for your ship, and there's always something to do. Give a shout on our discord and crew up with people that have similar playtimes.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 6, 2018

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

dogsupremacy posted:

The problem is instead of doing all this work on furniture, cosmetics, nonsense they need to instead focus on re-balancing the game and providing any sort of fuckin content at all before all the pop bleeds off in a way that requires the least time and resources to implement. Factions and territory control and territory control are nebulous grand ideas for a road map but by the time they get to that and if they are implemented in an interesting way it may be to little to late.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

dogsupremacy posted:

Look how weak this change log sounds its padded with hella fluff:
Their blog is always incomplete and full of dumb horseshit, here are the actual upcoming changes pieced together from various places:

#26 Alliances Update
--- Hopefully the goddamned alliances (why do they still not work after four months of development?)
--- Items like Clothing, Swivs, Cannons, Wings, Engines have matching icons
--- Shipyard bubbles fade in/out instead of expanding/contracting
--- Increased strength of wind in stormwalls and sandwalls
--- Options for disabling fov, motionblur and speedshake
--- Overheat graphics for cannons and swivguns
--- Bugfix for the helm ejecting pilots for no loving reason
--- Bugfix for ships flashing when they load and ghost ship parts
--- Bugfix for multiple shipyards and ownership. Docking an unregistered ship to a shipyard clears ownership of the shipyard
--- Bugfix for "overlapping" ship parts (maybe)
--- Bugfix for gliders randomly not working
--- Bugfix for moving ships disabling bombs
--- Bugfix for permanent blights

#27 Crafters Update
--- Chests get better loot over time and no longer vanish when looted
--- Creatures drop extra resources (like leather) depending on biome
--- New resources and recipes for food, dyes, furniture, clothing
--- Bugfix for "popping" ragdoll jumps and "channeling" ship parts
--- Bugfix for sandwall and stormwall "preloading"
--- Adding rocks and poo poo to sandwall
--- Ciphers and schematic salvaging
--- New smoother wind system
--- Music system with guitar

--- Reviver charges (maybe)

??
--- Prevented ship parts from the same ship damaging each other
--- Bugfix for lag when loading islands and "phasing" through objects
--- New projectile system for island turrets
--- Furniture: chair, table, shelf, stove
--- Knowledge tree redesign

Jackard fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 18, 2018

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Alliances seem to be working now, if you are on Driss-PvP and want the tag then send an app to Slam Whales. You might have to use search for it to show up in their browser.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Krinkle posted:

My ship is gone and I can't spawn there and there's no explanation given. I'm warned when lightning strikes a building three islands away I couldn't care about but someone can steal or destroy my ship and I don't get a page about it. I'm sad.
Were you online at the time it was stolen? Like Nickel said, it will give a warning when the ship or shipyard is damaged.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Krinkle posted:

I just parked near a sheer cliff wall so you had to spider man over there and figured "good enough" because I was too lazy to make the node and park it.
Uhh shipyards don't protect ships unless you are docked. Otherwise it only takes ten seconds for an enemy to grab your helm or anything else on the pvp server.

Ofaloaf posted:

Is there a place where server maintenance is announced and regularly updated? Because the PvP server's been down an hour and a half at this point and I have no idea how long the wait still will be.
Regular maintenance lasts about an hour at something like 3 or 4 in the morning west coast.

Here is a tracker https://wa.glitch.me

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Also the chests are supposed to get better loot over time now so those ridiculous ones might be worth it? (screenshot if you can confirm this)

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Take glider/utility off of spacebar so it's not loving with your jumps and put it on something accessible like MMB.

I use controllers pretty often but wouldn't recommend them for this, you need the precision grappling.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Cheap Shot posted:

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that ship designing and building is the same as it has been since the start of Alpha though. What on earth are they waiting for? It's like, the central aspect of this game.
That's what I've been telling them!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

From the sounds of things they dont really listen to player reps (we had two people in the CCC) let alone players.

E: our contribution was persuading them to get rid of the 24-hour cooldown on beacons

Jackard fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 27, 2018

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Latest updates. Progress continues at Cardinal Guild with mapping the new world, but there is no interactive map yet.

Bossa needs to work on their feedback.

They are selecting an all-new batch of player reps.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

They draw from names that people put into a hat.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Cheap Shot posted:

Designing frames and assembling ships is just painfully unfun and frustrating, and it’s just killed my desire to keep playing. Not worth the effort.
The new overexaggerated collision detection for ship parts made this even more frustrating...

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

After months of nothing, we put our heads together, coming to a decision. The game and our community would be better served by continuing to do nothing instead of almost nothing.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Has that Sylvain guy ever not been full of poo poo? I can't remember a single worthwhile post from him.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

It's pretty good whenever the population spikes, but their glacial development leads to these kind of levels https://steamcharts.com/app/322780

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Feh!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

They also hosed with the placement rules around the same time as overheat so I couldnt make my little speeder bikes anymore.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

They didn't even have experience playing the type of game they wanted to make.

So you want a flashy pvp shipbuilding game where you lose ships in an instant? We told them for ages, get your players off the ground:

You don't make gathering basic resources a grueling experience, that's not fun and makes players timid. Give them local banks, increase the gather rates.
You don't make shipbuilding require hours of effort, that's not fun, if its complicated you need to support that with stuff like blueprints.
You don't make ships look like floating garbage, that's not fun, people want to customize their ships.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I feel like a lot of Atlas problems stemmed from things being "always online" instead of logging off like in Worlds Adrift.

The harbor and castle lag for sure. Dealing with offline raids at ridiculous times of day, and expanding defenses to compensate, and so on

Jackard fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 21, 2019