Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

pertinent posted:

I think you got your youtube link wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rgQ8MmQ80o

This is the gameplay video. The one OP links to is a 15 second advertisement...

lol

polygon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am here to watch tempus thales try to sell tshirts again for a mmo

all that he is missing is bitcoins

wait has he or any hype teams came in here talking about how great discord is yet

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW8sPZH5UHM

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I'll take that honour. Mumble is outdated poo poo, it's 2016, get with the times.

let me know when they figure out how to add "X" closes program and not minimizes to tray.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

How to post like tempus thhales

find new game, or gently caress it old game
jump into the thread with a link to the new guild you are running no matter if there is an established guild
have no one join it
pimp out your discord
sell tshirts
roll with the punches

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

BERGfu posted:

Or did you mean in general

https://media.giphy.com/media/14hopGnaKQtvgc/giphy.gif

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

me reading this thread

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

it is a minecraft type game which fucks up things and the op is dumb enough to link a polygon video.

One polygon is now and forever will be a poo poo company that shills reviews for cash
Two before I turned off the video one of them said that this is the only game where cutting down a tree matters cause it could fall on you and kill you. Other games do this but they are paid shills so.

everquest next landmark tried this and it didn't take off for good reasons, neither will this

It will sell plenty of dumb packs though for people with no self control and probably will never reach critical mass to make any of the mass player part fun

also lol at steampunk and airships

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

some times it is better to have nothing than to have poo poo

or you know, don't post a mmo thread or wait for more content to be released

but this is alexander delarge we are talking about here

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Lobus posted:

Is the gameplay more world of tanks or more war thunder?

more red alert

There is a sniper mode for every tank where you can shoot farther than normal but you can't move during it. It is hard to aim that way as well since you just guess the angle.

You can have multiples of a single tank and each tanks respawn is like 5-40 minutes. So you can get load outs that are lots of small tanks, form a squad, bring them out all at once, or a single large tank.

If they blow up you wait the respawn by having alternative tanks to send out. Or your freebie tank.

It is a bad game but kinda unique as far as tank games go.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

also lol at saying "In my defense, I'm guiltier than a skunk on a porch"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

randombattle posted:

Are people really implying here that the creators of I Am Bread are not going to put out a quality MMO?

if you look closely you will see this bread chop down a tree, swing from a grappling hook, and build an air ship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDE4rsLVB9A

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Pavlov posted:

Yeah is it really that big though? Most of the actual space in the game looks like empty air to fly ships through. Then they have some random gen islands for trees and poo poo, some player made islands for setpieces, and a handful of dev made islands for special poo poo I think.

They're also not doing the normal MMO thing of having levels, skill trees, quests, mob grinding zones, instances, 2^10 types of loot or all that poo poo. So they're not worried about that.

Their ship building system is the only thing that actually looks kind of ambitious, and they put out a video that makes it look like it's in a pretty good place right now.

It might have problems with longevity, but I can see it being fun while it lasts.

Going from single player to massive multiplayer is pretty ambitious.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Pavlov posted:

Yeah and I'd be suspicious if they were just announcing the concept. But they have gameplay videos where I can see the poo poo they have, is real, and exists, and it looks like ambition their team can handle.

So the paradox guys think that they have a working multiplayer and despite all the desync issues in their game, they always say "not our fault, we can't recreate it." All of their tests are done on lan. It is a known issue in their community that they can't do multiplayer well outside of a lan situation.

I am going to say that most likely those videos you've seen for this game have been in a lan situation and may not be what it is like live.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

suck your dick you gently caress man

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

that "other" goon alliance

what other one???

spins around three times
stares into the mirror
discord discord discord

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

holo here helping to make it 4 pages

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

you are the cutest jfg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The only thing happening right now is Eonwe is going to play tiger knight with me and then we will both go early vote trump.