Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I love this game. Yeah, it's janky and hosed up and the netcode is garbage, but I haven't had this much fun doing absolutely nothing and failing at it in a long time.

This about sums up my trip report, too. Grappling around just feels SO GOOD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Posting for Discord. Same name as here.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Sorry for double post, but tonight we found a bit of a "workaround" for the frozen-in-spawn problem.

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/1254113

e: In case of confusion: I forgot to record my own voice on the stream, so you'll just be hearing the others in Discord at the time.

TheRagamuffin fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jan 25, 2017

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Bonus footage of the shenanigans that led to me being stuck in the spawn chamber: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/1254118

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

I'd settle for them just making it so crossing a loading boundary doesn't launch me off my ship at high speed, so I can safely leave the helm with the throttle up...

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

When did they add these sky stingrays and bugs?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Ram it off the edge of the island with a proper ship.

Addendum: Don't do this to a ship docked at a shipyard. Doesn't work as well.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Gliders had better be waaaaay more common now, with those changes. :negative:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

forge posted:

There are currently memory leaks, which will require a restart after a few hours. If you fail to do this then you will of course face load times. If you log out the memory is cleared on your pc and you face basically no load time.

Not just load times, but apps on your PC will start to crash as your system gradually uses up all it's memory. At 8GB I was able to play for about 2 hours before things started to catch fire.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Zippy little thing. I'm sure it was <1t, but I never bothered to check. I had to ditch it to go through the storm wall with Cheapshot, so I set it off on a random heading under one sail power only.

Last seen flying off into the wide blue yonder, though I can only hope someone found it and got some use out of it.

TheRagamuffin fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 6, 2017

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

So does that mean wings at the high end do get powerful enough to do complete barrel rolls?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

So I guess it's just not going up on steam this time? Would have been nice to know.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Yep! On it.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

FileNotFound posted:

What about when I find frames or incomplete ships lying around - any way I could steal/salvage those?

Sometimes, you can build a shipyard nearby in such a way that it'll let you dismantle it, but even then, it's likely the parts are too damaged to remove.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Tollymain posted:

yes and i posted it in our discord, also on the steam workshop because i have no self preservation instinct

The hero we deserve.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Have they changed that? I remember being able to hold Ctrl and bail, and it would just keep going down.

e: nvm

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Songbearer posted:

I also came across this monstrosity at one point:

God knows what they were planning to do with this.

They just wanted to build a borg cube.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

So are frames invulnerable, or does your ship just suddenly fall apart when the frame takes x damage? I remember reading the latter, recently, but I'm not sure if that was just people being worried about upcoming changes.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Is the founder pack figurehead any good for that?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Kylra posted:

I unironically look forward to playing Air Pirate Grapple Mario Maker Super Expert.

Hell yes.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Yeesh. Is that the current state of the game? Last time I played, a few weeks ago, everyone we met seemed super chill.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Unless they go the SS13 route and make external voice chat bannable, in which case lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In hindsight, maybe their handling of Decksplash should have been a bit of a red flag wrt how bossa does gamedev...