Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
How did you swing that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

Syndlig posted:

Project Nomads? I remember picking that game up for $1.00 at a Half-Price Books a few years ago. Was an... interesting game. Some weird hybrid of tower defense and rail shooter.

That game was fun as hell. Super janky and weird, but fun. I get the same vibe off of this.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

Yeah, I just got this too. Someone who knows about this crap should set up a discord.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

Fuggin crazy paranoid nerds. I'm the spai in discord, obviously.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

I'm re-creating the World's Adrift on SA Discord, and adding corresponding voice support. If anyone wants channel operator to pin info and what not, just let me know. :wooper:

Discord's already up and running. I'd link, but I'm phone posting.

Should be somewhere earlier on the page.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

Orv posted:

Have you got a semi-regular group going for this then? It's utterly poo poo solo but with a group it might be worth some time.

There are always a few people kicking around in the discord, but the main group seems to be est primetime. It's fun as hell with a solid group. All the poo poo that bugs you solo becomes hilarious, stupid, slapstick comedy.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

forge posted:

LG remember those 2 [XBD] guys we found on the island cluster and pulled their ship off the side..

So me, Derrio, and Moikki are on Arrakis yesterday. We are building a ship and this dude named Dan shows up.

Exact interaction..
A random wing falls out the sky and crashes about 100 yards away, no idea why.

2 minutes later

*Dan runs up to us from some distance
Dan: So you are Forge..
Forge: Hi
Dan: Some people are looking for you
Forge: why
Dan: They said you attacked them and their looking to kill you
Dan: They blew up my ship because they thought I was you
Dan: What did you do to them
Forge: No idea
Forge: Who were they?
Dan: XBD something
Dan: What does your ship look like because they thought I was you for some reason
Forge: It's a viking ship
Dan: Hmm mine looks like a speed boat
:Worlds Adrift:

Dan's cool. He gave derrio, tolly, and me stone metal or whatever when they were trying to extract me from arrakis.

I love this game. Yeah, it's janky and hosed up and the netcode is garbage, but I haven't had this much fun doing absolutely nothing and failing at it in a long time.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

TheRagamuffin posted:

This about sums up my trip report, too. Grappling around just feels SO GOOD.

Seriously, they're onto something really good with this. They just need to polish and expand.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

How do I salvage an abandoned ship frame?

Ram it off the edge of the island with a proper ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

Are we still playing this, or did people kinda move on?