Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I've been dicking around with it for a few days. The crafting is neat and the flying interesting. Clearly some things aren't done - I really want to add hull walls to my ship, but it looks awful - but there's an idea there. Have only seen other players a few times, though, so no PvP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Well, my carefully assembled exporer ship got blasted apart. Was on the ground exploring and saw it moving! Respawned back to the ship, which makes bullets go away (?). Hung on the keel as I tried to craft, he eventually set off explosives, killed the lift and the ship crashed on the ledge of an island. Was going about recovery when poo poo started blowing up. Shelling from a big metal ship.

So, how do you low jack poo poo in this game?

Edit: I've also applied for SDFG membership

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 11, 2017

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Wait, there are stairs now? :eyepop:

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Just looked out of curiosity, there appear to still be keys available. I had fun with this during the alpha but $35 seems steep for something that's not finished.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I keep saying this was amusing in the alpha but more as a physics toy, not something t on plonk $25 on.

So what I'm saying is, I'll take that pack off your hands. :-)

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Took the plunge. With the servers renamed, which is the goon hangout?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Ditched the large freighter hulk I was using initially and built this nice little explorer - not innovative, I know, but I'm fond of it.

I've also hit my schematic limit, so I figure I should cull some out - I have a lot of different wings and engines. Not sure how to figure which are the ones worth keeping.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Wasn't sure it was that easy - would I care about any other stat?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Got killed by a ship of griefers in T2 trying to shake me down for fuel. I think I know why the population's dropping.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Digging the PvE server. Was playing some last night, three of us had skyboat projects going on, were actually friendly to each other. Just nice chill skyflying and crafting, it's nice. I don't need to worry about getting ganked in video games, I have toddlers for that.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Have been doing chill exploring on the PvE server, met some good traders. It's nice to see people and not immediately worry about a fight.
Last night, though, flew into the wrong wall. My little explorer ship was not at all ready for it. Trying to grapple and repair my atlas core while plunging into the void was quite the experience!

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I've been looking at building my own custom frame and building a bigger trade voyager, because, you know, why not?

I've got a three-deck stack I'm fairly happy with, but I'm trying to get nodes moved the correctly to create cut-outs for stairs. When I raise a deck, I get two stacked nodes to shift the top and bottom of the deck, which lets me create mid-deck frame beams that result in deck sections I can remove. This doesn't seem to be possible on a flat deck, though?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Punched through to T3 in the new ship. Found a floating artificial horizon! Expected to grab some atlas lifters off it, but nope, this one's powered by bug!

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I'd sort of burned out on the game, and not played in a few weeks, so I figured I'd try to run my freighter through the sandwall in a last fit of insanity.

And I made it! WTF!?

Now I'm worried I don't have enough fuel to get back. The curse of success!

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

big nipples big life posted:

Being able to short early access MMOs would be a gold mine.

Who would take the other side of that bet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

If you're not an influencer, is life worth living?