Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
any news on when it comes out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

or it could be a word salad to say THE CLOUD

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Happy Sisyphus posted:

this is what i was expressing concern about, i dont actually know anything about computers or how they work though

basically, you write down words like the bolded ones below enough and people give you money. then the benny hill song plays while the you waste all the money on bad decisions and coke. lots of cocaine

dylguy90 posted:

Also worth mentioning, nerds, is that this game is working with some really cool new tech that (from my super limited understanding) uses "swarms" processors to focus on creating a seamless, highly-scaleable (compared to other mmos), single-server setup that basically runs all the physics and game calculations on the server-side, leaving the player's computer to focus on simply rendering what's already there. It sounds a lot like physics-based EVE Online.

http://www.pcgamer.com/a-probable-future-for-the-mmo-worlds-adrift-and-improbable-tech/

This new tech is really exciting because it's basically debuting for the first time in Worlds Adrift. You can see this in that 45 minute video from December, wherin pieces of the broken up ship were being simulated with a very fine degree of accuracy even while the player was looking at them from like a mile away. Additionally, supposedly nothing despawns, it just kind of hangs around, which is pretty crazy if you consider how much junk players are going to generate.

In that video the devs also mention wanting this game to basically be a huge middle finger to traditional mmos, in that they simply do away with a lot of those traditional systems in favor of giving their crazy powerful physics simulation a starring role. Case in point - you can drop stuff on other players' airships to cause them to fall to the ground, you can grapple onto moving cannonballs to launch yourself, and parts of your ship will physically roll of the side of the islands unless you place them on your ship.

I don't know how successful this game will be, but putting my two cents in now, I think a lot of the design philosophy and execution so far has been really exciting. I can't wait to see where this thing goes.

i too, cant wait to see where this goes :allears:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

can i get some swarming processors to deliver a highly scaleable goatse.cx platform to my living room wall? itll go well with the rug imo

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

pubbies are better than goons because they didnt give lowtax ten dollars

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i think spending weeks collecting pirate rocks and giving them to a known guild thief is actually a great idea

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i also am a proud owner of no mans sky and i WONT be getting a refund

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

I mean it sounds like you are playing an online game and also hoping to avoid interpersonal drama.

It's like picking up a book and saying you don't like reading.

i think there's a difference between goons shouting at each other and trusting a previous guild thief not to steal again

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i dont know much about this game, but suddenly im looking at the title of this thread and thinking

Surgeon Sim > I am Bread > MMO is quite the genre changeup. were they always planning on making an mmo and just needed the funds? oh and can anyone point me to the kickstarter

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

tempus, when you inevitably steal the guild bank again can you at least take pictures of the hookers youll buy with the rmt'd doubloons? ive never seen a woman before

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

im going to hire norton. he'll keep the guild bank secure

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

actually im glad these games are kept in this quarantine. no one should play them or see them

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

of course not, i already bought the emerald pirate raider teir package

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Pavlov posted:

Yeah is it really that big though? Most of the actual space in the game looks like empty air to fly ships through. Then they have some random gen islands...

no man's world adrift

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

so what youre saying is, its only worth 20 bucks

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

me, well im a trillian type guy myself

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I look forward to the day where I can build flying frilled dicks and ram them into RPing pirate weebs.

if thats all this game turns out to be, it will be worth 40 bucks

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

can we meet in the middle on an efficient penis ship?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

might as well get started right now :peanut:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

so it turns out, tigerknight.com isnt that mmo's website :sweatdrop:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

dragonquest builders has freeform building that can be seen by anyone on the internet. ive not yet seen a penis or anything weird really. i wonder if legos penis hunters are working for them now

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

pays minimum wage, but you learn to spot testicular cancer immediately

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

ok i registered to the alliance in the op as blazing. how do i sign up for the beta and where do i buy the uber regret founder platinum depression tier package

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

a truly epic nms bash joke lel

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

forge posted:

I've been completely engrossed in this game. They clearly need to optimize it at some point.. But the fun is off the charts.

thats good to hear, friend :peanut:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

finally, a cash shop mmo i can pay aaa prices for

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

if it was 20 bucks, id probably get this. but its def not worth 35

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

forge posted:

Don't you have two ao accounts? I mean just saying.

no, but if i did i dont know why that means i should light more money on fire

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

same but free

youre right, it wasnt worth playing for free when that was an option

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

forge posted:

STAR CITIZEN, AA, blacksuck, blade and oil or whatever nonese, terrawhatever..

i didnt buy any of these games but blade and soul. maybe youre right forge. maybe THIS TIME when the masses quit because full loot pvp is too much the devs wont do the same thing every other sandbox dev studio has and walk back all the risky pvp. BUY TODAY!!!!!

e: ground floor or something, cum kill pubbies m'lord etc

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kylra posted:

Yeah sure I guess I could fall to my death countless times.

First though, what's bad about it at the moment and what's unfinished?

as far ive seen, its not that it's unfinished. just a lack of content. the main gameplay arcs are there

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

when i played the free version, i immediately recongnized the paneling system as interesting. im not a networkologist but uhhh how do you have ~30 panels with uniquely placed graphic effects + whatever physics they have x (~20 ships in a fight + all the players involved) and not burn down a server rack

it used to be a viable strategy in games like rust, h1z1 and etc base building games to fill gigantic bases with the most laggy objects possible and just have a better pc to win. i expect the same here, but giant lagships

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

so when do i get my slamwhale t-shirt

same time as i get my goon hydra shirt

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

hmmm i dont think thats tears

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Raged posted:

Yep US(West) pretty much unplayable too. Will have to wait for an Australia server I guess.

This is the first game I have ever played that I could not play from Australia. Alpha/Beta/Retail.

That's some bad netcode

its mostly unplayable if you live in the data center so dont worry too much

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FileNotFound posted:

Sun rises in North. Sets in south.

xanif posted:

Rises in south, sets in north. Moon is in the west.

:allears:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Crazyeyes24 posted:

I bought this silly game, logged in, immediately spotted a complete dinghy docked at a nearby unclaimed shipyard. Claimed the shipyard, tossed the spawner that was on the ship off to the ground, made my own, and sailed off to the sunset. 10/10

Applied to the Alliance as Crazyeyes. What should I do to start? Just speed around to every island I see trying to find those knowledge data cores?

do that and also, kill people along the way imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

figures that goons cant see how useful it could be to talk to people in a video game. calm down with your five-monitor geforce 1080 ti battlestations and eight open irc clients :cripes:

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 14, 2018