Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Fallout posted:

And lastly we got a special double video, one from our perspective, and one from theirs! :smugdon:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148972929?t=05h37m06s

He starts poo poo because you said his ship was absurd, then spends the rest of the fight tripping over his horrible ship design.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

KM Scorchio posted:

Not placing the helm at the front of the boat makes a massive difference on windwalls FYI, so if you're doing that you should probably redesign your ship. As soon as I mounted my helm at the back I sailed through no worries.

Whats the reasoning on that?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Wow, they really love their hackey gameplay implementations don't they

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I like how you're glitching out the glider. I'm surprised they didn't test for that.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Oh yeah. My first thoughts when I heard the glider is drop-on-death were on how to cheese it.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

If they had used 1 of their crew for repairing instead of shooting you they'd have won eventually.

Seems like they deserved to lose there.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Platonicsolid posted:

I had fun with this during the alpha but $35 seems steep for something that's not finished.

I'm in the same boat :downsrim:. Especially with the steam sale on right now.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Well congrats Tempus. You finally managed to get your goonlord credentials.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Oh man, think of all the horrid rear end in a top hat island people are going to make.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

If the turrets are like other intensive gameplay assets, there's going to be a limit on how many you can stick on an island.

Fields of spikes might be a thing though.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

They only add like the top 10% of islands to the game though. Most of those seem pretty unique to me.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I haven't played this test, but every time they update the creator they seem to screw something up with old islands, so the glitchy ones are probably older islands that the creator never updated.

I've got 2 islands in the game and I still haven't fixed them from the last databank update. Hopefully on release they'll do another pass at approving what islands get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Man I just went back to check on my first island, and some update screwed up all the grass on it too. I spent ages placing all those bits of grass and weeds and stuff to look nice, now half of them are gone and the rest look different. I hope that new grass painting tool will make up for it.