Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
The graphics are bad and while swinging around is neat, the whole thing is too gimmicky to survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Ok i'll give it up, those videos were cool to watch. Maybe this gimmick mmo won't be outright terrible!

Pavlov posted:

He starts poo poo because you said his ship was absurd, then spends the rest of the fight tripping over his horrible ship design.

That was the best part. If you're going to build this miniature star destroyer, you better have the numbers and the firepower to operate it, because 3 guys and two guns won't cut it.

Compare this to the goon's loving going merry, which had 6(?) guns for 3-4 people in half the size and covered all four sides, you may as well be master shipwrights right now.

I will say though that fujimoto looked pretty good. I won't begrudge wanting a nice looking ship in a freeform building game. I'm sure they'll be the envy of davy jones' locker.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
As I predicted two years ago, even a cool gimmick does not an mmo make.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I wish there was a way to profit off my MMO predictions I'd be a millionaire by now.