Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I didn't get in... But maybe next time!

Also, I would compare this game to ARK survival evolved or RUST than a typical MMO.

Not having to level up to learn how to craft stuff is a good call. ARK is fun but it can be way too grindy at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I was thinking that when I get to play this game im going to try and make a ship that's as small and fast as possible for like 2 people. Then get as many people as I can to make the same ship and call ourselves the zika squad! Our emblem will be a mosquito.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
We'll use there oils to grease our engines!

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
:grin:
:gizz:

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Just say I'm gay cuck cuck and they will let you in.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
No its the efficiency.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Lol

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Add a sharp door that cuts ships in half after they enter, call it the Dentata fleet.

Great post + user name combo

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Anoia posted:

Preferably a pincer attack.

Perferably with ships shaped like the Pokémon pincer.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Fishing pact

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
As long as they give me more than just build a ship, fly said ship and fight over the ship I will be more than happy to throw some money at them.

I know that you need to discover crafting blueprints in the game not through level up so there's that but I feel like they will need 1 or 2 more activities to keep the game interesting.

Like if you could be an archeologist and re learn how to read the hieroglyphs you could figure out the back story of the world and get cosmetic treasure for your ship and character to show that you made the effort.

Or if they added more creatures other than the sky Ray and whale like sharks and schooling fish and giant birds and dragon's to spice up the pve experience a bit so players arnt the only hazard in the world.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I want to make the best and fastest bonsai boat.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
So they added the climbing from breath of the wild.

Cool

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
And I guess the food = healing system to a lesser extent.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Elmon posted:

This game seems pretty cool. Can't wait to be disappointing.

Yeah... The bigger problem I see this game running into its a lack of any meaningful things to do outside of, build ship /fight other players with ship /repair ship. The thing about sandboxes is that there only as fun as the toys you bring to them. The ship system is a fun toy but I feel like people will get bored quickly if it's the only one there.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I like the npc content idea and there are a lot of things they could do like Sky sharks, Sky wailing, schools of Sky piranha Ect. Also sky leviathan bosses would be cool.

There is alot of potential in this game. I hope they actually use some of it.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I'm following both this game and sea of thieves. There both very similar games coming out at similar times.

SOT has more structured things to do like finding buried treasure which makes pvp have more meaning.

WA has a much more interesting setting and the ship building looks amazing.

WA needs things to do with your cool ship like finding relics and needs to make fixing /re-building your ship easier by adding the ability to save ship builds.

SOT having cross play with Xbox is cool but the PC Xbox game center is really bad.

WA is on steam.

I know that both games are in early alfa and are going to change I just hope they change for the better.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Closed beta is this Wednesday.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Jackard posted:

Price will probably drop for release. That's how these founder things usually work, right?

That and steam summer sale is a thing.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Oriental Hugs posted:

Is this game worth 35 dollars? What is the progression like?

Other than building a ship and pvp not really much.

There are gated sections of the map(weather walls) to get through.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Turd Herder posted:

Worlds Adrift can step aside. A new game has come out that does the same thing but no flying, or mass pvping.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/649740/CRAFT_BATTLE_SIMULATOR/

This looks really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I have faith that this game will be good in maby a year and a half but it needs alot right now.

I will buy it in the future when there's more there.