Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
Hey guys, I started the original WA thread in the games forum.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765183&pagenumber=1#lastpost

But I think we'really going to go in a different direction than GoonWaffe. I was aroundoing in Albion when the theft happened and it made a lot of salty asshats kinda mad. So I'll be avoiding that.

More exposure to WA isn't a bad thing though. More goons is good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

You sound a lot like Chris Roberts....

Can't trust you.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

I'm totally okay shutting down my thread and migrating everyone over here. One less thing to loving manage.

I'm still in charge of the SDFG at this time though, that won't change.

Some fun stuff from the alpha was shared among those that were in the alpha. I don't think we can talk about them without breaking NDA but some super hilarious things happened that made other people mad. It involved TNT and Airships. That's all I can possibly bend without intentionally getting in trouble.

Alex - feel free to take my OP and use it if you'd like.

The following information taken from the website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guVUPJbpwyM

FIND WHAT WAS LOST AND REBUILD WHAT WAS DESTROYED

A thousand years ago, a cataclysmic event shattered a world into floating islands scattered across an endless skyline. Civilizations tumbled, societies collapsed, and all seemed lost.

From the rubble emerged ragtag bands of nomads, who fly cobbled-together skyships from island to island, scavenging for resources to keep moving. These are the players of Worlds Adrift: Explorers of a new world and seekers of ancient knowledge.

Within the coveted ruins of the past, cryptic and forgotten fragments of the technologies developed by civilizations who built much, and over saw the collapse of it all. Harnessing such forgotten knowledge, players build greater and more powerful skyships that carry them further, past the crushing wind walls, through devastating lightning storms, to entirely undiscovered islands holding the mysteries of an earlier age.

Either working alone or with a crew of friends, players will choose their own path, create their own stories, and tell their own tales. To jealously guard knowledge or work together to rebuild society is up to them; these choices will constantly shape the characters they become and the universe they live in — the Worlds Adrift.

What the gently caress is this?

This is a game that is like every other game but it's more cartoony and fun. Or something. I don't really know. The website doesn't really say poo poo about what the game is SUPPOSE to be but that it's going to be THE BEST GAME EVER and WAYYYY BETTER than those OTHER survival/crafting games like DayZ and ARK. Like. SO MUCH BETTER. The goal is to find people you can tolerate and make other people's lives miserable by blowing up their flying bathtubs and stealing their soap.

There has been no discussion about gameplay or how things work. There are some pretty cool videos. I'm kinda getting a Star Citizen vibe but the videos released by Bossa Studios actually show people running around in a world that isn't a loving piece of poo poo and actually blowing things up. Also. This game ACTUALLY has WHALES. So obviously this game is going to loving ROCK. Also you can do everything and anything. So yeah Star Citizen but on ONE world. Worlds will be coming in two weeks. :mmmsmug:

I got questions about poo poo

Cool. Then you should probably read this.

Discord Server for Worlds Adrift

Be advised that this is a General chat for everyone that is interested in WA and is NOT catered toward goons, just a general place for fans/players of Bossa/WA.
https://discord.gg/0qJDwWAQovKRp3Pv

How much is the game/How can I play?

No price set yet but it will be released on Steam. People are hoping it won't be more than $30. Bossa has said it will be Buy to Play. You can't play the game right now but Bossa has released info that some sort of stress test will be coming SOON(two weeks) and to SIGN UP NOW TO BE CONSIDERED!

Will there be carebears to make cry?

OH. GOD. YES.

Is there a group getting together?

https://www.worldsadrift.com/alliances/super-dimension-fortress-gooncross/ - Super Dimension Fortress Gooncross. SDFG. I made this but I don't want to be guild leader after launch.
The Discord for SDFG is here, all herp derp goons welcomed here - https://discord.gg/9trqcCH

What is the goal of SDFG?

Honestly at this time during alpha/beta, just play and have fun. Find bugs, report bugs, play with goons, play without goons, whatever. We can figure out how we feel about the game as it gets closer to launch and determine how we want to approach the game. Basically, free reign as you explore the game. (If you're one of the lucky few to have been invited thus far!) I don't feel like this game is going to be everyone's cup of tea. As we get a feel for how big the Alliance will be we'll do democracy and figure things out near launch. Even our Alliance NAME at this time is temporary, we could be called Flying Bathtubs if that's what you guys want.

If you know FOR A FACT that you want to go pillage, murder everything/one post WA launch then I think Tempus Thales GoonWaffe Alliance will be more your style. I know that I won't be taking SDFG to that extreme but I do know that we will do whatever it takes to "own" whatever stupid island/islands we claim as ours. Or whatever. There is not hard facts yet if it even really matters to "own" anything. This isn't EVE and it's certainly more open-ended than any MMO I've played so far so it could truely be up to players to create drama, if that's the case, we will be very, very, very good at it. Because we are goons and the brown sea gets so salty about everything.

What is the fee to join SDFG?

10 Whale Coins as negotiated by TheSaltyDragon. Thanks to Jackard for the snazzy new emblem and lore direction I'll be taking the Alliance in.

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 8, 2016

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Good stuff

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Listen. If you truly believe in the game 10 while coins is nothing. It's like 1 coin a month man. You can live without 1 whale coin a month.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Please. You're not BUYING a membership. You're PLEDGING to help it grow. Pledge now Citizen. Support the cause. gently caress all whales and help us crash bathtubs into them.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

A whale coin is collected for each whale you ram with a bathtub. Or tears collected from a pubbie who watches us ram a majestic creature. You may substitute whale coins for pubbie fist shaking coins if you decide to ram their bathtub with your bathtub instead.

To clarify, 1 whale coin = 1 pubbie fist shaking

I hope that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Hasselblad posted:

I was cool with the difficult and time consuming resource gathering, and even cool with losing ships. I cannot get past there being virtually no compelling gameplay beyond that. PVP is abysmal, no base building, no real objectives.

In my dreamworld, Eve, ArmA and Worlds Adrift are combined.

Have you heard about the great Lord and stimperor savior Chris Roberts?