Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
has potential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

so they're doing the whole Everquest Next Landmark thing huh

lmbo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

dylguy90 posted:

Bossa did a reddit ama . Some really exciting stuff:
- They're doing a single server per continent, a la EVE.
- There won't be objectives short of resources being found only in specific areas.
- Ships are fully customizable even down to the shape/symmetry. So yes, dongships/ramhulks will be 100% doable.
- They're selling vanity stuff with microtransactions, but it will be free to play otherwise.
- You'll be able to harpoon other ships and drag them in, but the game actually simulates tension on the ropes with the potential to pull poo poo around.

I think this could be really cool.

that sounds good :unsmith:

i still say.... "we'll see."

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

or it could be a word salad to say THE CLOUD

but its so quirky and thematic bc sky game tho???

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pavlov posted:

The creator isn't half bad either. I futzed around with it yesterday and made this:

Not the best at sculpting fine detail though. Placement can be a bit finicky too.

thats really cool though

imagine launching a ship out of the palm~

i really like the tree on that ring finger :shobon:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
but thats part of the fuunn

navigate through the fingers like you do when you dock your ship in ED

i looked at the screenshots, thats as far as i go for now. A lot of really pretty shots

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
ill have to give it a shot sometimes soon, are they doing alpha already?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

pubbies are better than goons because they didnt give lowtax ten dollars

whoa~ :psyduck:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Orv posted:

I miss the old non-shitpost Eonwe but I'd rather join whatever horrific amalgam of nerds Eonwe cooks up than a Tempus Thales guild.

same

sorry TT, I just find you really creepy and overbearing

its not you, its me kiddo~

oh wait, no it is you lol

its not personal tho

its my gut instincts after you doxxed someone unironically to stay the gently caress away from you~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SabinBlitz posted:

Hey guys, I started the original WA thread in the games forum.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765183&pagenumber=1#lastpost

But I think we'really going to go in a different direction than GoonWaffe. I was aroundoing in Albion when the theft happened and it made a lot of salty asshats kinda mad. So I'll be avoiding that.

More exposure to WA isn't a bad thing though. More goons is good!

Ok, I'm gonna post here

Don't follow us TT, this is your kingdom ✌️

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i dont really know drinkfist but i respect him more for the warnings and now all these cool gifs tbh

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

of course not, i already bought the emerald pirate raider teir package

lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
isnt world adrift actually doing something smart about that though

last i read which was many months ago about how they're implementing their server structure on the clouds or whatever so it can cover gaps in latency or whatevs

all i read was "were doin something better about how to handle lag and server stress hope this helps idiots."

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Eonwe posted:

ok well some of us are going to be in this alliance

feel free to join or whatevs

https://www.worldsadrift.com/alliances/super-dimension-fortress-gooncross/

that "other" goon alliance

what other one???

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
make games forum great again also

Third World Reggin posted:

spins around three times
stares into the mirror
discord discord discord

i dont use discord, i use skype???

sometimes AIM

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I'll shut the thread if you guys want but it is a MMO and there's significantly higher visibility in here, meanwhile you're competing with ARK and Battlefield 1 threads in the other. Thread with a post from yesterday is already on the 5th page.

yea mmo hmo is bustling and its so hard to keep up with

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

TheSaltyDragon posted:

Just dont like it when my fellow goons get targeted :P
See you in the next discord group then xD

thanks for all you do friend :patriot:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jackard posted:

No point in setting up another discord until the next playtest anyhow, theres no real news on this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI47DqoW4rw

work on worlds adrift you fucks

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
work on worlds adrift you fucks :argh:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
dong ships are why i have hope for this one yet

me, well im gonna design a vulva armada that entraps dong ships and snaps them in half with a hard 180 turn~ :o:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jackard posted:

fans are discussing "proper etiquette when encountering unknown vessels"

:allears:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
MMO players are cancer :grin:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kimsemus posted:

Well...you're not wrong.

But this game looks like fun.

I couldn't help myself

I actually am lookin forward to this but I'm trying to keep my expectations low :geno:

this is how i cope you see :o:

i want 2 be a ninja hoody girl with shooty ropes and swingy stuff

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anoia posted:

Same

and I wanna follow all the community agreed rules of friendly approach and then murder the gently caress out of people when in range

...they should really let us keep copies of every alliance flag out there, like real pirates

thatd be cool

i wonder about portals though, this game seems like it would have portal devices to set up on islands for traveling...

i also wonder if therell be some kind of hub city like a Jita or something

but i must keep my speculation down with mild cynicism~

:eonwe: hey guys i think worlds adfrit is goin to be fun and im gonna play it :eonwe:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jackard posted:

That video shows some pvp with the custom ships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djl3RzTnMvg

kinda looks awesome

might just sign up this week if i dont forget

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
work on worlds adrift you fucks

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pavlov posted:

Somehow my island got in the game but I still haven't.

wow thats rude as h*ck

is it the one with the hand?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
my discord name is the same as my SA name :v:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Hra Mormo posted:

It's our cunning new design, the external engine is just for distraction while the hull hides the 2 inaccessible main engines. We already had some guy try to grapple onto the ship and wreck the cores/engine, they seemed perplexed when no matter how much they salvaged the two cores on the bottom the ship would not sink.

Sadly because I'm a dumbass I then made the 3 wings out of SOLID GOLD so the drat thing would only reach like 10-15 knots. We eventually did some upgrades and slapped another 2 jets to the sides. You also can't see the rest of the guns but it had 3 in that iteration and we added a 4th.

ya i was there and it was hilarious

he latched on because I stole a bunch of metal from his crate box, i broke the box with the salvage tool and grabbed about 3k worth of metal out of them and he was shooting me so I was shouting at Moikii to bring the ship down so I could latch onto it. Lag made me over shoot but I had still latched to it, jumped in, dumped the metal then we realized the guy who was shooting had enough grapple range to latch onto the ship, i simply glided to it so i didnt think it was grappable from land so we kicked the engine into overdrive and he hung on for a solid couple of minutes trying to destroy the fake engines and cores then got whipped off eventually, we were all hanging onto for dear life on the ship trying to kick him off by stamping on his parasitic face with our boots offa the ship. It was pretty hilarious. He and his friends were accusing us of hacking because we blew up their ship still in construction and they were upset.

It was a fun afternoon :sun:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

forge posted:

LG remember those 2 [XBD] guys we found on the island cluster and pulled their ship off the side..

So me, Derrio, and Moikki are on Arrakis yesterday. We are building a ship and this dude named Dan shows up.

Exact interaction..
A random wing falls out the sky and crashes about 100 yards away, no idea why.

2 minutes later

*Dan runs up to us from some distance
Dan: So you are Forge..
Forge: Hi
Dan: Some people are looking for you
Forge: why
Dan: They said you attacked them and their looking to kill you
Dan: They blew up my ship because they thought I was you
Dan: What did you do to them
Forge: No idea
Forge: Who were they?
Dan: XBD something
Dan: What does your ship look like because they thought I was you for some reason
Forge: It's a viking ship
Dan: Hmm mine looks like a speed boat
:Worlds Adrift:

ahahaha! I do oh no way

thats awesome

ya thats like a good sign for pvp if there's bitter grudges already, i really have been enjoying this game. Just need to optimize. I've always wanted a game where you could actually grapple actively for once instead of all the hyper realism.

Good to know. Cautiously optimistic :beerpal:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

alpha~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Keegers posted:

Maybe add some kind of territory claim system to encourage air battles

thats what im hoping in later updates. I figure they're just fleshing out the bread and butter atm then add features that allow us to transport to armadas and fly in formation somehow

bonuses to territorial claims, better mats etc.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

forge posted:

I auto piloted through a wind wall last night. Autopilot is basically already in the game. Formations are dumb and they should never be. Just drive your boat. Really the only people who need formations are pubbies so they can be screaming at other pubbies about what to do and how to fly.

I'm telling you now after seeing the poo poo posted on the public forums.. Each pubbie ship will require the "captain" position. Someone said the other day they were posting about starting their own in game government.

yea i didn't really mean anything as spergy as this wrt to formations :chloe: :yikes:

i was just thinking about easy organization, just having a rally point so that people could fly to a destination together, not some kind of automatic locked in formation.

will be interesting to coordinate ship speed and such, but having strength in numbers for air superiority would be cool as heck because i lust for giant air battles where people jump off and plant timed charges and hop from ship to ship while cannons shoot through the exploded hulls set from timed explosives and dumb silly stuff like that

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Keegers posted:

We don't need that much organization. If it's any mildly competent group they already have all the roles assigned

ya that makes sense, its supposed to be about fun. I was just thinking out loud wrt to being able to navigate to a certain spot considering as

Jackard posted:

Same reason I don't expect them to ever add an official map

this.

But I also wonder once the game gets closer to a launch, will the map be reset, regenerated, expanded etc. Lots of things in the air (pun intended)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Today I woke up and I decided I wanted to experiment more with timed explosives.

Well I'm a certified Demolitions Expert now friends.

Timed Explosives take a bit to set up and if you get shot, you have to start over. But when you plant 2 at a time the results get.... interesting.

Manage to plant 3 in the same spot? Decks start flying apart. They're a bit quirky when ships are moving as they slide as soon as you start to place them.

I want to thank the pubbies for giving me a grant to explore this aspect in World's Adrift and while tears is an unusual currency to fund my experimentation, it was worth it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:yeah:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

forge posted:

No 6.0 this weekend. Steam keys go out next week which will also likely be the start of 6.0 on Wed/Fri. HYPED

Seen. Felt. Calm.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lmbo

ofc like by 5 posts in he's crying about people blowing up his observation platform

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tollymain posted:

im not crying im sniffling

joking aside i think u misread the tone

i did, i just realized

the observation deck sounds nice, i just knwo people are going to blow it up lol sorry :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
still tracking this, might pick up the beta next month

kinda want some optimization first imo