Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

as far ive seen, its not that it's unfinished. just a lack of content. the main gameplay arcs are there

this

economy and territorial play would be cool features once all the foundations are fleshed out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
oo it looks like they added new sail patterns, super neat

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
a clan to combat griefing ends up being the griefers oh no who couldve seen this coming

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

so when do i get my slamwhale t-shirt

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tempus Thales posted:

Those were limited edition... ran out of print.

so this means im not getting my slamwhale t-shirt??

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

forge posted:

What does that mean? The results of this vote means that this Tuesday 20th at 6pm BST / 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 7pm CEST there will be a new small batch of Founder’s Packs available for sale!

We are fully aware that the vote was a close result and you can rest assured we are working as fast as possible on delivering the first update to address some of the issues that were reported since the beginning of Closed Beta.

Thank you to everyone that participated and we look forward to welcoming a new wave of travellers tomorrow!

Xoxo

The Worlds Adrift team

The Bilk Adrift Team imo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

desudrive posted:

So just how delicious are these pubbie tears? I'm thinking of hopping in. How's the goon presence? Can ya'll set me up with some newb goodies?

in alpha i skydived onto a ship and planted bombs and got people really mad as i blew panelings and cores apart

i told them that they were polluting the beautiful skies :qq:

do that and tears will flow forth like liquid gold, even more so with a bigger pool of players. Alpha was definitely a bit quieter but it sounds like theres a ton of opportunities lately

did they change bombs in any way?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Turd Herder posted:

Those ship yard bubbles don't protect against cannon fire though. Even though it looks as if its a force field.

ya the lore is like "ooo its an electrical field created by the energy of atlas" or whatever just for the sake of being able to build your ship around in a "claimed" space

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kylra posted:

More keys this friday.

Also new US and EU servers.

E: We're on US East.

ill try and grab one thanks

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Songbearer posted:

Pretty sure everyone gets huge lag/freezes when moving to new islands. I'm guessing it's a pretty high priority.

Big islands that have a lot of resources load them all in at once and if there are a lot of rocks already mined, there's a horrible moment when shards of rock spawn all at once and cause a physics nightmare

been like that even in alpha

you have to just relog

basically I said I wasn't going to pick it up until it was optimized because of that pretty much. I thought about getting a key until i looked at the pricetag and steam summer sale already broke me~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

"u stole his ship design :qq:"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Songbearer posted:

I also came across this monstrosity at one point:

God knows what they were planning to do with this.

thats a lot of wood you can salvage lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Internet Explorer posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't salvage things attached to a frame and that's considered a frame.

:confused:

no i was able to salvage floorboards before, you cant do anything with the frame but if there is a wood panel attached in anyway, flooring or wall, it can be salvaged but the return isn't that great iirc

i did it before to get certain types of wood tho