Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Songbearer posted:

Is PVE a good, chill time for solo players? I liked making effortships that were just flying houseboats but it seemed a risky prospect making anything that wasn't just disposable in PVP.

The pve server is great for chill ship building and exploration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Hasselblad posted:

Is there content beyond building ships yet?

Dying clothes and ships as well as overly expensive cooking are in, but other than ~pvp~ no.

Edit: game is still alive somehow. There was a toss up between unity and improbable but it has been resolved.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 22, 2019

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

At least I can make a ship look like a bumble bee when I come back.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Hasselblad posted:

Man, if only they could take Eve Online, Worlds Adrift and ArmA 3 and smash them together.

Have you heard of.....

Star citizen? :v:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Maintenance mode MMO game

A MMMMOG

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 15, 2019

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

7c Nickel posted:

Virtually nothing of actual substance was obviously far too much. Now you will get nothing for the foreseeable future.

https://www.worldsadrift.com/announcement/the-path-ahead/

I like how they threw the players under the bus in the eulogy. Good job as always bossa.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Maybe you should focus on core technology?

"We are!"

Okay but it's been a couple years...

"This is your fault."

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

BurtLington posted:

What’s funny is that territory control is actually something that would get people playing the game again. See: Atlas

They had nooooo clue how to program this. Either it was the super outdated middleware or their lack of skill.

Bossa also isn't known for foresight.

7c Nickel posted:

Our Beta testers should have given us more money for them to test for us and also create all our islands.
The island creator is really cool. Also it hasn't had a significant update since the ill planned "second early access."

A small part of me wants to believe they will update it once more to add all the beta branch features but I doubt that's going to happen.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 24, 2019

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

They won't be able to open source any of their SpatialOS work. Hopefully they can do small stuff like making the island creator spit out common formats for people to play around with.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

there's some people on twitch still logged into the servers doing protest streaming? But it's dead.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

They wanted to pad out the meager content they had until it felt like a real game.

But they didn't realise that most people weren't fooled.