Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
Also you'll need a job that makes more than £35,000 / year to not get kicked out of the country, a law which is supposed to go into effect in April. I'm not even sure how you got a two year visa to the UK right now without even having a job lined up, given how utterly hostile the current administration is to non-EU workers (including--actually particulary--commonwealthers).

Tons of articles on this, but e.g.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...e-a6814841.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
Oh, yeah you're right. I had heard about it but I'm not British and don't live in the UK so I haven't really cared enough to follow it closely.

I don't think it's that the market is so hostile, it's more the the government. Scotland used to be doing a lot better than the rest of the UK, but since it's basically an oil state I bet they're not doing so hot right now. Anyway I have no firsthand knowledge, don't trust me.

• Locked thread