Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
So, Scot Goons, in five months I will flee Canada and land in your beautiful nation with £8000, a two year work visa, and zero degrees or work experience to my name beyond punishingly niche industries (digital anti-piracy / content management, and plastics manufacturing).

Tell me the secrets to surviving in the fine city of Edinburgh, preferably those most relevant to finding employment as I already have living quarters locked down. How is public transportation? What hurdles will I face acquiring a motorcycle? Where in the city should I absolutely avoid? Are there stairs in the houses there? :ohdear:

Rime fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Well, that's for migrants there longer than five years. I'm coming over on the two-year youth mobility visa for commonwealth citizens which has few restrictions on it.

Is the market really that hostile right now? Honestly that's my greatest concern, being unable to find work because I am Canadian. :(

• Locked thread