Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

kikkelivelho posted:

Turkey is one of the last true democracies in the middle-east. They are also the only country willing to fight the terrorist groups active in the area. Care to take a guess if they're the good guys or not?

Theyre the bad guys

Also they have dopey moustaches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

kikkelivelho posted:

oh of course. Turkey, a wonderful country filled with amazing traditions and peoples that has managed to maintain it's freedom and democracy despite the underhanded and violent methods of it's neighbors, deserves everything it gets. Good point.

Never change.

That said, when I was in Istanbul recently, every single greasy shitstain that tried to scam my lily-white rear end was a Kurd or said they were a Kurd. The hostel owners also told me not to trust Kurds either.

Makes you think...maybe nobody there is truly innocent :eek:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Yeah I've got a car bomb for you right here

*rolls windows up, locks them*
*farts*

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
turks are, like, fallen greeks (like those werent bad enough already...), and kurds rhymes with turds, so im really conflicted about who to support here

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

Yeah I've got a car bomb for you right here

*rolls windows up, locks them*
*farts*

sounds like great material for a terrorist sitcom

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Chinatown posted:

cheese curds are good

I was at a gathering recently where cheese curds were on offer, and one of the guests wrinkled their nose at the curds and opened up a bag of cheetos

wanted to slap that poo poo out of their hands

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I was at a gathering recently where cheese curds were on offer, and one of the guests wrinkled their nose at the curds and opened up a bag of cheetos

wanted to slap that poo poo out of their hands

and you should have

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

whoflungpoop posted:

Theyre the bad guys

Also they have dopey moustaches

I get that Turkey isn't well liked because apparently they are muslims just like ISIS or something, but these western double standards are really starting to disgust me. France has been in a state of emergency lockdown for almost 6 months soon but no one seems to even notice. Meanwhile Erdogan (rightfully) takes care of corrupt cult masquerading as a news agency and people in the west loving lose it.

The US especially need to stop tiptoeing around and decide where their loyalty lies: with their NATO ally or with the nationless kurd terrorists.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

kikkelivelho posted:

I get that Turkey isn't well liked because apparently they are muslims just like ISIS or something, but these western double standards are really starting to disgust me. France has been in a state of emergency lockdown for almost 6 months soon but no one seems to even notice. Meanwhile Erdogan (rightfully) takes care of corrupt cult masquerading as a news agency and people in the west loving lose it.

The US especially need to stop tiptoeing around and decide where their loyalty lies: with their NATO ally or with the nationless kurd terrorists.

the american people if we actually had a say would side with the kurds immediately if we were educated and able to vote on it, the american government has and always will be in bed with villains if they can control the press and market it while making money or controlling a region through alliance with a vile scumbag government

i dont know what to say to an adult who thought the american people have real control of our military or government

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

kikkelivelho posted:

The Kurds should be a nation they're way better people than Turks and with far fewer silly moustaches and if shaving their moustaches was part of the negotiations for their new nation they would do it, because they're just practical upright people like that.

The Turks can have a fourth of their current nation back (the rest will be given to the Kurds) when they can man up to the Armenian genocide

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Also Istanbul will revert to Constantinople and all the silly wigglescript will be sandblasted off the monuments

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
what the hell is a curd??

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Turkey was allowed into NATO with the understanding that they were a civilized western nation and not yet another shitfest torn between islamic extremism and secular despotism and for a while that was true but then everyone in the country forgot about Dre so there's no use in dealing with them as equals any longer

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

extra stout posted:

the american people if we actually had a say would side with the kurds immediately if we were educated and able to vote on it, the american government has and always will be in bed with villains if they can control the press and market it while making money or controlling a region through alliance with a vile scumbag government

i dont know what to say to an adult who thought the american people have real control of our military or government

So what you're saying is that if the american population was better educated and in control of their country's politics, they would happily leave a massive military alliance simply because they'd rather be friends with a bunch of violent fuckers who even at their best could be described as "freedom fighters"? Not a good look

whoflungpoop posted:

Turkey was allowed into NATO with the understanding that they were a civilized western nation and not yet another shitfest torn between islamic extremism and secular despotism and for a while that was true but then everyone in the country forgot about Dre so there's no use in dealing with them as equals any longer

Turkey has acted as a bulwark for the "civilized" west for decades. And what do we get for it? loving nothing. When the Kurds attack a sovereign nation it's suddenly as if NATO doesn't even exist. And what punishment do the Kurds receive for their acts of terror? Tons of weapons from Germany and the yanks, as if Turkey had done nothing for them. Germany especially has benefited massively from Turkish workers but no lets ignore that completely. It's Turkey and it's democratically elected president Erdogan who are always at fault.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i called it constantinople at work yesterday and i felt like a friggen moron after. still do.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

kikkelivelho posted:

Turkey has acted as a bulwark for the "civilized" west for decades. And what do we get for it? loving nothing. When the Kurds attack a sovereign nation it's suddenly as if NATO doesn't even exist. And what punishment do the Kurds receive for their acts of terror? Tons of weapons from Germany and the yanks, as if Turkey had done nothing for them. Germany especially has benefited massively from Turkish workers but no lets ignore that completely. It's Turkey and it's democratically elected president Erdogan who are always at fault.

As much as I'd like to stand with you, I'm sorry but Erdogan is a piece of human scum and deserves to get kicked out of the government. If he hadn't started to bomb loving Kurdish civilians this would not have happened.

Aug 4, 2010

this thread gonna get SA banned in turkey

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

whoflungpoop posted:

The Kurds should be a nation they're way better people than Turks and with far fewer silly moustaches and if shaving their moustaches was part of the negotiations for their new nation they would do it, because they're just practical upright people like that.

The Turks can have a fourth of their current nation back (the rest will be given to the Kurds) when they can man up to the Armenian genocide

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

bring back old gbs posted:

i called it constantinople at work yesterday and i felt like a friggen moron after. still do.

It's ok you're among friends, the healing process can begin

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

gently caress the ROW posted:

a small piece of fresh cheese, often battered and deep fried

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

kikkelivelho posted:

It's Turkey and it's democratically elected president Erdogan who are always at fault.
Hitler was democratically elected too

And it was German officers of his generation who 20 years before were assigned to Turkey as advisors in WWI who were writing home going HOLY poo poo THE TURKS ARE KILLING EVERYONE and yall still cant even man up to that and throw international tantrums at people who expect you to

And you wonder why no one takes yall seriously at all and treats you like the lesser of two evils assembled stone by stone as a defense against the greater one and one day when it all falls apart and the things you protect against are sufficiently pacified or depopulated we wont need yall anymore

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ok i think im well informed enough now from skimming the thread and it sounds like turkey is a bad guy country. thanks

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Kid CUDA posted:

As much as I'd like to stand with you, I'm sorry but Erdogan is a piece of human scum and deserves to get kicked out of the government. If he hadn't started to bomb loving Kurdish civilians this would not have happened.

When you're a democracy in the absurd vortex of insanity that is the Middle East, you sometimes elect abominable crimes against humanity. See also: Israel, Netanyahu.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a type of ICBM

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

:phone: Hi, Turkey? UN Embassy in Ankara here, we've received intelligence that another attack plot is scheduled soon.
:phoneb: Yeah, we seem to get them every month now. Women are timing their menses by it.
:phone: So, uh, are you planning any security ramp-ups or countermeasures to ensure the safety of your people?
:phoneb: We'll definitely bomb the poo poo out of people we already dont like in respone.
:phone: Ok... anything else?
:phoneb: Nope i think we're good here, thanks! :happyelf:

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Parallax Scroll posted:

ok i think im well informed enough now from skimming the thread and it sounds like turkey is a bad guy country. thanks

yeah no problem. Plenty of ignorant people in this thread who already share that opinion.

The yanks can invade foreign countries as many times as they want, but Turkey isn't even allowed to defend it's own loving citizens? What about the fact that the west is bribing us with billions because they can't take care of a few refugees. True bastion of enlightenment right there. Maybe fix your own poo poo before you start pointing fingers at other people's minor problems

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

kikkelivelho posted:

The yanks can invade foreign countries as many times as they want, but Turkey isn't even allowed to defend it's own loving citizens?
Yeah its the evil west that keeps your poo poo security apparatus standing by incompetently while the carbombs just keep on coming

Turkey is a failed nation failing as fast as its own inertia and incompetence allows

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

the world needs more of this and less bombs thats just one guys opinion

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

kikkelivelho posted:

yeah no problem. Plenty of ignorant people in this thread who already share that opinion.

Hey, I'm on team wolf, because I know a winner when I see one, and while the Hawk may have better armor class and to hit, it's damage and hit points are pitiful in comparison.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kikkelivelho posted:

The yanks can invade foreign countries as many times as they want, but Turkey isn't even allowed to defend it's own loving citizens? What about the fact that the west is bribing us with billions because they can't take care of a few refugees. True bastion of enlightenment right there. Maybe fix your own poo poo before you start pointing fingers at other people's minor problems
whoa the chinese prime minister posts in gbs

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ankaramba!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007

go awhey