Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Offspring is a great band, but they aren't punk
surely you jest

sure over time they became more mellow and pretty much just alt. rock, but if you listen to Smash, Ignite, and especially their self-titled album, those are straight-up punk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
here is a punk song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6otjCKg594

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

surely you jest

sure over time they became more mellow and pretty much just alt. rock, but if you listen to Smash, Ignite, and especially their self-titled album, those are straight-up punk.

sorry kid they were alt rock all along

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Bishop posted:

A Facebook is something Ivy League schools do where they distribute a book with the name and picture of each student in it. This helps you figure out who your gonna try and gently caress before classes even start

#themoreyouknow

Facebook used to be a big rear end deal when I was in highschool, it was basically the seniors club cause you still had t ohave a .edu to register so all the cool kids who were going to college went to FB and stopped using myspace. now like old people have facebook wtf mate

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
THE WHAT IS REALLY PUNK ARGUMENT ALWAYS BRIEF AND EASILY RESOLVED

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

comparing which bands are punk and which are not is very not-punk

Bishop posted:

my first friend to get on Facebook was a Princeton student because at that point only ppl that had Ivy League email addresses could register, then they expanded to anyone with a verifiable college email and we could post our bongs or ask if anyone knew a good coke dealer with our status updates. Then they let the loving high schoolers in, then everyone, and it was ruined
we have Yik Yak for that now. it's even anonymous!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
*buys an orange iMac at CompUSA*
*makes SimpleText say cuss words*

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

Wazzzzzzzzzzzuuuuppppppp

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Planarch posted:

Wazzzzzzzzzzzuuuuppppppp

im currently waging a campaign to bring this back

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Planarch posted:

Wazzzzzzzzzzzuuuuppppppp
bud
Weis
Er

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

comparing which bands are punk and which are not is very not-punk

punk is dead.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I also really like Pistol Grip, they are a legit LA punk band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjhie-v83Vw

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hector Beerlioz posted:

*buys an orange iMac at CompUSA*
*makes SimpleText say cuss words*
my first computer was a relic of a desktop from the late 90s that i used up until 2003. all i used it for was to play Putt-Putt Travels Through Time and Chip's Challenge

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

punk is dead.
your posting is...dead

hah!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nooner posted:

my mom and dad almost wouldnt have had me because on one of their first dates they talked about religion and my mom told my dad she was a Lutheran and he said "So renegade Catholic!"

and she really didnt appreciate that and like 30 years later will still tell the story but luckily they did get together and have me sister and then me and now i get to shitpost a lot!!!!! (:

whoa close 1

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

scott zoloft posted:

i remember plotting to kill osama bin laden with my middle school lunch table

What was ur plan

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

symbolic posted:

whatever that is, it's not the same. You could announce to all of your bros the epic party you are having, or poke the hot girl you sit next to in psychology class

Basically for a while you did not have to make sure you did not post something you did not want your mother or boss to see

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

symbolic posted:

my first computer was a relic of a desktop from the late 90s that i used up until 2003. all i used it for was to play Putt-Putt Travels Through Time and Chip's Challenge

I played a lot of Myst and Starship Titanic on our iMac cause those were the only games I could find that ran on it.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i remember pretending i was sick the first day we ever got cable internet so i could stay home and play alien vs predator

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

gently caress chips challenge

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Al Cowens posted:

How did we make it this far without mentioning sandstorm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HQaBWziYvY
MY MUSICAL PREFERENCES HAVE BEEN TURNED INTO A MEME BY IDIOTS (also the 2001 version of Meet Her At The Love Parade was better)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bishop posted:

whatever that is, it's not the same. You could announce to all of your bros the epic party you are having, or poke the hot girl you sit next to in psychology class

Basically for a while you did not have to make sure you did not post something you did not want your mother or boss to see
well the advantage of Yik Yak is that it being anonymous means that even if you post something you would definitely not show your mother, it doesn't matter because no one knows it's you

also you can still announce parties or call someone out for being hot, but it's more like "red hair, black leggings in the gym: you're hot" or "party at [party house nickname], hmu on Kik for more details"

the great deceiver posted:

there's a version on Steam now for something like $1.99 if you want to try again after all these years

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

symbolic posted:

well the advantage of Yik Yak is that it being anonymous means that even if you post something you would definitely not show your mother, it doesn't matter because no one knows it's you

also you can still announce parties or call someone out for being hot, but it's more like "red hair, black leggings in the gym: you're hot" or "party at [party house nickname], hmu on Kik for more details"

so i can go on this "yik yak" and post the "n" word without genesplicer probating me for a week???

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nooner posted:

so i can go on this "yik yak" and post the "n" word without genesplicer probating me for a week???

No, he mods that too

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nooner posted:

probably, though it's likely you'd get downvoted to the max limit (-5) within a few minutes and your message ("Yak") would be removed

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

that was a great game

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012
if you remember the early aughts you weren't really there maaaaaaaaaaann

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bread Dragon posted:

if you remember the early aughts you weren't really there maaaaaaaaaaann
i spent most of it learning about Jesus and playing Kirby's Air Ride

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

symbolic posted:

i spent most of it learning about Jesus and playing Kirby's Air Ride

Jesus and Kirby are both good.

so is The English Beat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHWrmIzgB5A

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol shame on all of you for not posting these by now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iCd6UHR-3I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV_Bg6JJgSM

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
"Dude you're getting a DELL!"

*gets busted for weed possession and loses deal with DELL*

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Specials are also v good, i used to dress like a rudeboy back in the early '00s and even played in a ska band. i had a fedora that i wore because that was before it was weird, well like in a "r" word creppy way

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that was a great game

it made me so mad as a kid

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-qfzH0vnOs

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

it made me so mad as a kid

me too. but it was the best windows game

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
warped tour was cool when you were a middle schooler

THANKS FOR THE RIDE MOM

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

good punk song

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chinatown posted:

warped tourOZ FEST was cool when you were a middle schooler

THANKS FOR THE RIDE MOM

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm glad those Clintons are finally out of the whitehouse for good

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

its still up in the air if hermoine ever said the "n" word but President Elect Trump sure has a lot of times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hector Beerlioz posted:

they might be back dude

• Locked thread