Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How excited are you about this debate?
Exhausted
Lethargic
Despairing
Perky and cheerful and ready to go!
View Results

• Locked thread
Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

She's stumbling alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I support a little bit of killing. A little bit of killing is... good.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Tercio posted:

My husband started a national conversation about the death penalty with Ricky Ray Rector.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What a terrible goddamn answer

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006
:facepalm:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I thought the answer was pretty good, actually.

I'm not 100% against the death penalty either. Guy shoots up a school and is 100% clearly guilty? I'm totally down - there's no rehabilitating that. Restricted to the federal level only? I'm totally on board for that, states can get hosed.

Boon has issued a correction as of 02:23 on Mar 14, 2016

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

"Is that answer satisfactory for you?"

I thought for sure he was gonna say no.

DepoProvera
May 3, 2011
drat it

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Boon posted:

She seems to have answered it pretty well, actually?

Nope.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Hillary's low key activism for the abolition of the death penalty there will put her over the top to win this primary.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

How was the rally, kids?

yooge and luxurious and fun and so full of winning!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Boon posted:

I thought the answer was pretty good, actually.

Dude almost begged to get locked up again to quit listening to her stumble for a half hour through that response.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Imagine the pantsshitting if a Republican got that question.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Oh right, well you told me.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

"Is that answer satisfactory for you?"

I thought for sure he was gonna say no.

I thought he was going to take her to task on that mumbling rant, but he let her off the hook. She was really trying to keep things together towards the end of that.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Boon posted:

Oh right, well you told me.

She told an exonerated death row inmate that she does not fully oppose the death penalty because 9/11. That enough of an explanation for why her answer loving sucked?

Deep Hurting has issued a correction as of 02:25 on Mar 14, 2016

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Deep Hurting posted:

She told an exonerated death row inmate that she does not fully oppose the death penalty because 9/11. That enough of an explanation for why her answer loving sucked?

Well considering you removed the parts about :
- Restricted to the federal level
- Reserved for very specific instances

So no. Because the question came from someone who got hosed in our lovely, lovely system, doesn't somehow mean the topic is verboten and you trying to paint it as such is ridiculous.

If Adam Lanza had been taken alive, I'd be all on board the death penalty train.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
THANKS OBAMA

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Imagine the pantsshitting if a Republican got that question.

Haven't been watching any Trump lately, huh?

A Native American woman asked him if he would apologize to Native Americans for what the U.S. has done to them over the years if he becomes president. He told her he'd look into it, but he's not known for apologies.

And that was just this afternoon. He doesn't get rattled and doesn't give a gently caress.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
hahaha time to tear down obamacare

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I imagine this lady would have probably qualified for a tax credit or the Medicaid expansion

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
How the living hell did this woman's premiums triple because Obamacare? Does she not know about subsidies or something?

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

She looks like a weird salt shaker in that outfit.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Getting the costs down? Hillary, we have no time for a theoretical debate about this. People have health emergencies! Leave it alone! Obamacare is a jewel!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Talk about the premiums, Hillary

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Boon posted:

Well considering you removed all the parts about :
- Restricted to the federal level
- Reserved for very specific instances

So no. Because the question came from someone who got hosed in our lovely, lovely system, doesn't somehow mean the topic is verboten.

Because the federal government is so much better at not executing innocent people it deems "terrorists." It isn't murdering innocent people with drones RIGHT NOW, nope, nope, nope!

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
I legit feel bad for Hillary these questions are brutal

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
lol "go shopping"
because this lady obviously hosed something up

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Count Freebasie posted:

Haven't been watching any Trump lately, huh?

A Native American woman asked him if he would apologize to Native Americans for what the U.S. has done to them over the years if he becomes president. He told her he'd look into it, but he's not known for apologies.

And that was just this afternoon. He doesn't get rattled and doesn't give a gently caress.

I was thinking more of the "LIBERAL MEDIA :qq:" whining

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

i seriously cannot understand what shes saying

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
You have to be a lawyer to understand how to buy insurance now - Hillary

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Tercio posted:

Getting the costs down? Hillary, we have no time for a theoretical debate about this. People have health emergencies! Leave it alone! Obamacare is a jewel!

Why must she reopen this divisive debate?!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if this woman makes like $60,000/year and doesn't qualify for tax credits

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

LMAO "keep shopping. It's your fault, bitch."

DepoProvera
May 3, 2011
she's really good at seeming like shes talking...

questions so far are quite unfair though

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Deep Hurting posted:

Because the federal government is so much better at not executing innocent people it deems "terrorists." It isn't murdering innocent people with drones RIGHT NOW, nope, nope, nope!

This isn't a great argument given Hillary's stance of "restricted instances". Now granted, she MUST define that, however, your argument makes the assumption that it is not possible to ever 100% find someone guilty of a heinous crime. I'd argue that, that is false. When that is the case, I believe the death penalty is viable.

I also don't agree that the states should have the right to the sentence.

Boon has issued a correction as of 02:31 on Mar 14, 2016

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Why must she reopen this divisive debate?!

A better idea will never, ever come to pass!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I don't really remember. Was she this no-energy and rambling in 2008?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

If this lady can easily get ripped off, it's still quite an indictment of the current system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

i mean, yeah Hillary, you're right but that's about the worst thing you could have possibly answered that with

"Secretary Clinton, my premiums are really high, and Obamacare made them higher!"

"Well obviously you're too dumb to find the right plan. Keep looking until you find a good one dummy!"

• Locked thread