Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How excited are you about this debate?
Exhausted
Lethargic
Despairing
Perky and cheerful and ready to go!
View Results

• Locked thread
Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
wtg hillary just call this woman a moron, that's an effective way to win votes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Boon posted:

Do you believe that it is impossible to ever find someone undeniably guilty?

They don't just execute people who are undeniably guilty so it doesn't matter

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Needs More Ditka posted:

i mean, yeah Hillary, you're right but that's about the worst thing you could have possibly answered that with

"Secretary Clinton, my premiums are really high, and Obamacare made them higher!"

"Well obviously you're too dumb to find the right plan. Keep looking until you find a good one dummy!"

tbf it probably would've been a better answer to call her a loving lazy idiot

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

DepoProvera posted:

she's really good at seeming like shes talking...

questions so far are quite unfair though

How are they unfair? These are all of the hot issues for progressives.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

SirKibbles posted:

I legit feel bad for Hillary these questions are brutal

When you don't have a clear policy platform and are prone to changing your views, what do you expect? People know what Sanders stands for, but you really need to drill in deep to know what Clinton really stands for. It is well deserved.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Why is Bernie back up on the stage and talking?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

DepoProvera posted:

she's really good at seeming like shes talking...

questions so far are quite unfair though

Not really, i just takes longer to explain hosed up half measures instead of "i oppose the death penalty" or "expand medicare to everyone"

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

They don't just execute people who are undeniably guilty so it doesn't matter

Very obviously, given the questioner. However, I refer again to the hypothetical (because that's what we discussing here, regardless of the position you're taking). If Adam Lanza had been taken alive, is the death penalty justifiable? My position is, yes.

You may not agree, if htat's the case then we won't come to a conclusion.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

This is like watching Trump. Lots of promises and clear-cut goals with no clear-cut path to achieve them.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
So... Did you drink a bunch of water with oil shale in it or are you just a really awkward person?

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Count Freebasie posted:

This is like watching Trump. Lots of promises and clear-cut goals with no clear-cut path to achieve them.

...What? Someone asked her a question about racial disparity and she's listing specific policies she plans to implements that address racial disparity.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Count Freebasie posted:

"Well I can't change anything, so that's the breaks. Sorry kids!"

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Needs More Ditka posted:

So... Did you drink a bunch of water with oil shale in it or are you just a really awkward person?

But shale is organic.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Count Freebasie posted:

This is nothing like watching Trump. Watching Trump is fun and eventful and doesn't make me want to nap forever.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Props to Hillary for bringing up these goddamn earthquakes

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
methane is bad, mmkay
water contamination is bad, mmkay

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
lol "connected, not caused"

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Count Freebasie posted:

But shale is organic.

:rimshot:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

EugeneJ posted:

a honest politician

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

EugeneJ posted:

Well, she is running to be president, not god.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
EVEN ORGANIC FARMS

Boon posted:

Very obviously, given the questioner. However, I refer again to the hypothetical (because that's what we discussing here, regardless of the position you're taking). If Adam Lanza had been taken alive, is the death penalty justifiable? My position is, yes.

That shooting was incomprehensible but Lanza was severely mentally and cognitively disabled and I don't feel comfortable killing the disabled. Much better idea to not have an arsenal in your home and take your son's illness more seriously.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Boon posted:

Vengeance only looks like Justice if you're wearing beer-goggles.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

Dr. Poet Laureate is REALLY CONCERNED about Donald Trump

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Elephant posted:

...What? Someone asked her a question about racial disparity and she's listing specific policies she plans to implements that address racial disparity.

I mean how she plans to make things like "cradle to college" and starting to close prisons work. Those are pretty bold statements, and she didn't mention how she would accomplish that.

Basically, great plans, but where will this magic money to do this come from?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Needs More Ditka posted:

Dr. Poet Laureate is REALLY CONCERNED about Donald Trump

He should be

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
This guy got to ask TWICE? Lucky guy!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Boon posted:

life in prison is way worse for him, and its cheaper to do

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Ohio's poet laureate, Jesus Christ.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006
So this guy was a Hillary plant, right?

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Hillary bringing up Donald's steaks

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

This question is hilarious by the way. "Prospective nominees, can you please tell me what your real line of attacks on your presumptive opponent will be, so that he can have more time to plan how to counter them?"

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Needs More Ditka posted:

This is nothing like watching Trump. Watching Trump is fun and eventful and doesn't make me want to nap forever.

I meant in the sense that we're in Fantasy Land.

The entertainment value is nowhere close to Trump.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Fidel Castronaut posted:

That shooting was incomprehensible but Lanza was severely mentally and cognitively disabled and I don't feel comfortable killing the disabled. Much better idea to not have an arsenal in your home and take your son's illness more seriously.

That makes sense and I can understand that position. However, I am on board with assisted suicide and fully on board in the case of Terry Schiavo. I don't see a philosophically different argument for either of those, and I feel my position is ideologically consistent. You might disagree, but that's probably best reserved for another conversation.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Oh hey, every election since 1988 has been called the highest stakes election. Please go back to the loving well because that line is tired and unconvincing.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Did she get those messages on the private server? We can ask China for the names I guess.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

bahahahaha yeah Hillary invoking international pressure is going to stop people who were in danger of flipping to Donald "THEY TOOK OUR JOBS" Trump

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

This is her clearest answer. The answer about who you should be ready to vote against.

That's your choice, folks. Please don't vote for me. But vote against him.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

Needs More Ditka posted:

bahahahaha yeah Hillary invoking international pressure is going to stop people who were in danger of flipping to Donald "THEY TOOK OUR JOBS" Trump

If an endorsement from the Italian Prime Minister doesn't dissuade racists what will?

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

"WE'RE GONNA MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN AND WE'RE GONNA GET ALL YOUR JOBS BACK AND WE'RE GONNA BE NUMBER ONE AND WE'RE GOING TO WIN! USA! USA! USA! USA!"

"Um... Guys... Um... Maybe we should be a little quieter, Italy's a little uncomfortable...."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/SusanSarandon/status/709193874779062272

• Locked thread