Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How excited are you about this debate?
Exhausted
Lethargic
Despairing
Perky and cheerful and ready to go!
View Results

• Locked thread
Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
In Cincinnati, parents camp out for weeks to get their kids into a magnet Kindergarten. Ohio's primary and secondary education is a travesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Rubs me the wrong way a bit that Bernie didn't say something personal to the woman about being in recovery. That took a lot of bravery. :/

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

He applauded her

Eh, I'd have liked something more but that's trivial.

I also wonder about that soon-to-be restaurant owner and the idea that he will pay less in total if there's UHC. Lol, that guy was never going to provide health care for his hostesses and dish washers.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

That dude isn't going to have 50 full-time employees.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Fair enough. I don't know the math of Bernie's plan and if the increase in taxes would be less than what the guy is going to spend on heath care after he gets his credits.

I don't have a real dog in the fight since I'm not a business owner, never will be, and think this country jerks off about "small-business owners" too much but I didn't feel that answer really sold those small-business owner, but like was said, Bernie was always unlikely to get those voters.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

How was the rally, kids?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Tercio posted:

My husband started a national conversation about the death penalty with Ricky Ray Rector.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Boon posted:

I thought the answer was pretty good, actually.

Dude almost begged to get locked up again to quit listening to her stumble for a half hour through that response.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I don't really remember. Was she this no-energy and rambling in 2008?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

EVEN ORGANIC FARMS

Boon posted:

Very obviously, given the questioner. However, I refer again to the hypothetical (because that's what we discussing here, regardless of the position you're taking). If Adam Lanza had been taken alive, is the death penalty justifiable? My position is, yes.

You may not agree, if htat's the case then we won't come to a conclusion.

That shooting was incomprehensible but Lanza was severely mentally and cognitively disabled and I don't feel comfortable killing the disabled. Much better idea to not have an arsenal in your home and take your son's illness more seriously.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Gun manufacturers are terrible and I honestly don't care what we do to them.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I mostly feel hopeless about our gun culture ever changing or any meaningful legislature being passed so all I really have for solace is sharp anti-gun rhetoric, despite it not doing anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

America doesn't have a parliamentary government

lol

• Locked thread