Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Thievery posted:

Has anyone who isn't a dagger user had any luck with upgrading weapons at the blacksmith? I feel like if they actually increased the damage like they say they should this game would be way easier.

No, I have a Flanged Mace II and it still took me an eternity to chop down the second boss. I'm doing like 7 damage a hit, even after pumping strength a little (since it's supposed to have S strength scaling).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Thievery posted:

Big advice i'd give anyone on bosses as far as i've found is to buy many of the fire/lightning on weapon items from the sanctuary merchant. They're 500G each and so far i've found them both super useful.

You can also get a permanent version (of the lightning at least) from completing Leader quests at the sanctuary, that refills its charges when you rest.

Thanks, I tried this on the next boss and got great results. I didn't realize the quest lightning item was a permanent refill - only done one Leader quest so far and at the time the estus flask seemed like the best choice. I'll be sure to pick it up on the next one.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Fat Samurai posted:

Hello, Gravity, my old enemy.

Probably the most ideal thread title, after traipsing through Falling Platform Forest.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Where do I go after completing the Red Hall of Cages? I went into Hager's Cavern but the difficulty seemed to spike dramatically there so I figured maybe I'm underleveled/underequipped and should come back later.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
It feels like they really nailed the Souls tradition for cool + weird stuff. I didn't like the actual fight very much but the name and design of the Tree of Men was metal as hell.

• Locked thread