Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
Instead of stat requirements and just cold putting souls into stat boosts, all that poo poo, including armor and weapon proficiency, is unlocked in the skill tree. It's one of the only things that keeps it from being a 2D souls game entirely, which is strange because it feels really stupid so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

Smornstein posted:

I've watched a bunch of this streamed from some friends and finally bought it this afternoon. Mage feels a lot different from souls games, which is what i was kind of expecting, I beat the first boss in 2 rounds but a bunch of the regular enemies are giving me some trouble. Should I just look for better armor while I work my way to swordfighter with my levels?

Stick with the magic for a while. It starts out more difficult than any of the heavy armor melee classes, but boy oh boy do you get to wreck poo poo later on with higher level spells.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

Flame barrage is also found in a mid to late game area so you don't need to do the house of splendor at all. The best spells come from the betrayer and the fire and sky dudes.

• Locked thread