Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Just picked this up, really fun game so far. I'm stuck on the Mad Alchemist now. How the gently caress are you supposed to survive his lightning attack? When he hits ~30% he just keeps doing that attack several times in a row :(.

Edit: Oh, you can block elemental poo poo. That makes the fight trivial.

Edit2: So if you die from poison (after the source of the poison is dead) and if there are no other monsters around you just lose your salt?

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

NT Plus posted:

It... depends. It's not always a matter of poison but some enemies do wind up killing themselves and yourself in the process (I think those slimes in that one foresty area by the Mad Alchemist do one such attack). In such cases, yes you will lose your salt although the game will tell you otherwise. It's happened to me several times in the PS4 version and it was such a pain in the rear end.

Yes, that is exactly what happened. Cost me the Alchemist reward salt :(.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Fuzz posted:

It's just like a Souls game. The salt is ultimately trivial.

True, still sucks to lose them to a bug instead of my own stupidity.
Anyway, now I have a hammer that is literally twice my size. I like this game.

• Locked thread