Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
EDIT: Maybe, I should refresh pages before posting-

Oh, pointless "try rolling" messages, how have I missed thee.

Feenix posted:

I am a veteran of all Souls games. Somehow this one is proving (at least initially) more difficult.)

I'm rocking a Polearm and Knight starter Shield and am Level 7. I get just past that trap in the beginning of Village of Smiles and the slow moving knight monster with the shield just obliterates me.

Tips?

In true DS Bigass Knight fashion, he's very easy to parry.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

mrEkli posted:

Is this a Souls thing? I never got much into Dark or Demon but been loving Bloodborne and this game.

Depending on the game, it's "Try Jumping", "Try Rolling" or "Tongue But Hole"

Feenix posted:

Really? I'm having a fairly hard time with the parry timing on him and am instead just getting my poo poo pushed in.
I'm parrying the first horizontal slash. He uses the overhead chop when he's far away, I think.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

mrEkli posted:

Oh I remember seeing the try jumping. Are you able to make messages in this game? Where is the item to do so? Also a shame you could see ghosts but not online MP.

I picked up a "Journey Bottle" or something like that a bit before the first boss.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ho, ho, ho, now I have a Zweihänder. My ninja with a bigass slab of metal is back.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Hmmnn... I got a ring that says something about setting my minimum Stamina level to one third of the max. Also, sometimes there is a difference between my max Stamina/Health and the health I can reach via healing. I don't think it has to do with dying and going hollow. Any idea what that's about?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Hello, Gravity, my old enemy.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

One thing that annoys me is that when I change screens the enemies remain aggroed. I understand why they do it, but fighting an unseen enemy is silly, specially slow guys like Bronze Knights.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Feenix posted:

Tips for Queen of Smiles?Level 14 Strength Knight with 34 Damage Greatsword and a shield.
No weapon buffs except some poison.

I went with light armour and a big sword, and she went down first try..

Hang around half a screen away from her and you shouldn't be hit by their short range stabs. When she gets her two swords out, wait and roll towards her, hit her once and roll away to dodge the downward stab. The timing is pretty generous and your reach long.

Do not try to dodge her projectiles. After you've chewed through half of her bar, she'll charge right after she shoots her swords, and you want to save your dodge for that. 80% of the time the projectiles will outright miss, otherwise just block with the sword and tank a little bit of damage.

I love how I different people get stuck on different bosses.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Feenix posted:

By the way, I am converted. I am a beast with a great sword and no shield. A BEAST!
Yesssss... Now give up armor and embrace the true build of the berserker ninja glasscannon.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Where do I get the stuff to transmute my weapons? I've just gotten (5-6 bosses killed spoilers) the first brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ok, game, I have killed half of your bosses and enough Bloated Abominations (or whatever they are called) to make 20 necklaces with their ears. Would you kindly let me transmute my weapon already?

• Locked thread