Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Feenix posted:

I am a veteran of all Souls games. Somehow this one is proving (at least initially) more difficult.)

I'm rocking a Polearm and Knight starter Shield and am Level 7. I get just past that trap in the beginning of Village of Smiles and the slow moving knight monster with the shield just obliterates me.

Tips?

Parry him, he doesn't respawn either. Parry, counter, knock him a few times when he's on the ground, counter again (it gives you another chance), roll away if he's able to attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Fat Samurai posted:

Oh, pointless "try rolling" messages, how have I missed thee.

Is this a Souls thing? I never got much into Dark or Demon but been loving Bloodborne and this game.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Fat Samurai posted:

Depending on the game, it's "Try Jumping", "Try Rolling" or "Tongue But Hole"

Oh I remember seeing the try jumping. Are you able to make messages in this game? Where is the item to do so? Also a shame you could see ghosts but not online MP.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

PrinnySquadron posted:

I absolutely loathe these poison slimes in the forest.

Sometimes it's better to just let them grab you so you could tear them apart from inside. I found them way worse to deal with during the boss fight.

• Locked thread