Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Bugblatter posted:

Man I'm stuck. I've killed four bosses, and received the ability to use the totems that are everywhere, which grants access to The Storm Castle and some secret areas here and there. But I feel like there must be somewhere else I should go first because my dude dies almost instantly to everything in there and can barely nick the enemies. Anyone got any hints on where to look next? Boss wise I've already killed The Sodden Knight, The Queen of Smiles, The Mad Alchemist, and The False Jester. I also found the Kraekan Cyclops but he seems to be meant for later in the game and also maybe optional since I can approach him from both entry points?

Also this game is good and very much 2D Dark Souls. I'm wearing light armor for fast rolls and using what is essentially the Zweihander. Got equivalents for estus, pine resins, homeward bones, all of it.

I'm pretty sure this is the only way to go where you are and the difficulty spike is crazy. I got to the boss by just running from almost all the enemies and I'm having a lot of trouble with it at level 36.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Satorr posted:

God I wish I had even the crudest of maps for this game.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'd love it if someone drew up some maps to this maze.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
NG+ salt inflation is hilarious. Regular guys at the beginning drop like 600-700 and I got like 70000 from the first boss.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Enemies drop them very rarely. Amber Idols you can get from the big ogre guys that poison you.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
If everyone's having so much trouble with the Tree of Men fight just skip it. It's optional.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Bugblatter posted:

I don't think there's an alternative access to Hager's Cavern, which is necessary to get to the Bog, and so forth. Gotta get through him for an entire branch of the game.

Not true, I did Hager's Cavern by dipping into Hall of Red Cages but leaving out the right side of the Sancuary and then completing the Dome, hopping over the pyramid, taking the boat to the fort, then from the fort going in the back way of the cavern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Just realized you can keep putting points into the stat nodes after the 3 dots are filled. It just replaces the 3 dots with a number 4.

• Locked thread