Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They're on Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

SilverSupernova posted:

I didn't even realize they existed outside of Japan. I never see them anywhere.
They had some at the Pokken booth at PAX last weekend, so I got a chance to try one out. It's not a bad controller. Surprisingly light though. Not in like a bad way or anything, just, I didn't realize it would be that light.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
I have the white variant that I use pretty much exclusively. It's a thousand times better than using the game pad

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Spintzel posted:

I have the white variant that I use pretty much exclusively. It's a thousand times better than using the game pad

How does it compare with the Wii U Pro controller?

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

JetpackHowwy posted:

How does it compare with the Wii U Pro controller?

It's honestly personal preference. I like the big R and L bumpers for the pokken controller. They are clickier and more satisfying. Other than that I think it comes down to which fits your hand better

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Pokken controller feels great but I don't feel like I'm missing something by not having my own like with Smash and GC controllers.

Seems like it could be nice to use with emulators too.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

The Pokken controller feels great but I don't feel like I'm missing something by not having my own like with Smash and GC controllers.

Seems like it could be nice to use with emulators too.

I kind of really want one for PC game dev testing stuff, it looks really comfortable for classic 2D games or emulators where there's no need for analog stick inputs.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Buff Machamp Nintendo plz

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Buff Machamp Nintendo plz

Machamp 4 life. I did try a match as somebody else amd did way better though. We need to get snake eyes on this.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Machamp is already very buff and does not need you harming his body image in unhealthy ways.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
Dreamhack Austin streaming pokken championship tournament. The esports are real(?).

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
http://pokkenarena.boards.net/thread/1616/june-15th-patch-notes

Cresselia is no longer invuln, Guarding has been buffed as many characters now have less pressuring options against it, Mewtwo sees significant nerfs, and a few other things of note.

Thanks for keeping up, Bamco :japan:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
So Machamp is still the joke character, right?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Braixen:
↑ Flame Charge: Now more easily avoids lows.
↑ 5XX: Second hit now allows for combo follow ups.
→ Burst Attack: The attack can no longer be interrupted by a support Pokemon if you have already landed the hit. However, no longer can guard break.

thaaaank god for this and the cresselia change. the mewtwo nerfs are appreciated as well

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Whoah. This thread seriously had no posts for over a month, two months after launch? Talk about a nosedive. What happened?

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Everyone was too busy playing Pokken.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Fix posted:

Whoah. This thread seriously had no posts for over a month, two months after launch? Talk about a nosedive. What happened?

We're in a day and age where there are more than five video games worth playing being released in a year. AKA no longer pre-2014. A lot of threads for games around the time this thread was posted, assuming they haven't received non-stop DLC or events focused around them, have petered out like this has.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
There's only so much to say. "Today I played and got bodied, how can I get in on Chandulure" or "Today I played so well, gently caress those Garchomps". The game is still great and has people playing online, but aside from dedicated tech discussion (which you already should be getting from other places for this game) idk what else to bring up here.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Edit: Wrong thread

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokkenGame/comments/4o5mnh/some_info_about_file_differences_in_the_new_13/

Recent patch added some unused files referencing to Scizor, Empoleon, and Darkrai as potentially playable or support characters.

I want to play as Scizor and giant metal penguin person.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Add in Dhalsim

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I'm really hoping this means we're getting some DLC. This game is fantastic and deserves more characters

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

If its not Pinsir, Muk, Feraligatr, or Golurk, I ain't buyin.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Add in Muk and Bellsprout as playable characters

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

gently caress it. All 720.

And then whatever is added in S/M.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I want Smeargle, because it would potentially be weird as gently caress/like that tree robot from Tekken where he just has a random moveset every round.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/pokken_official/status/748703511903211520

New Pokémon character arriving for the arcade version on July 20th, with a NicoNico live broadcast scheduled on July 14th.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Pokkén US National tournament in two hours time.

http://www.pokemonchampionships.com/pokken-tournament-championship-series

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pokken's getting a new character (Darkrai), some more single-player content ("Mission Panels", they look kinda like Smash challenges?) and some other stuff. They're talking in the context of arcade updates right now, so no idea when they'll come to Wii U and/or how much they'll cost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9zZkUKdjZc

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jul 14, 2016

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Pokken's getting a new character (Darkrai), some more single-player content ("Mission Panels", they look kinda like Smash challenges?) and some other stuff. They're talking in the context of arcade updates right now, so no idea when they'll come to Wii U and/or how much they'll cost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9zZkUKdjZc

Darkrai being a trap character rounds out the standard roster of fitegame character archetypes, so that's rad. I'm going to cry if Scizor is just a support though and not going to be a playable addition :qq:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

darkrai looks wild, i'm ready for this

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
wanna try out that cool ghost

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Emalde posted:

Darkrai being a trap character rounds out the standard roster of fitegame character archetypes, so that's rad. I'm going to cry if Scizor is just a support though and not going to be a playable addition :qq:

There's still three empty gaps on the roster now that Darkrai's on there, so hopefully Scizor and Empoleon aren't supports. That would leave one other unknown, which I would wager might end up being one of the gen 7 starts' final forms, since we're pretty close to Sun/Moon.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Blaine the Train posted:

There's still three empty gaps on the roster now that Darkrai's on there, so hopefully Scizor and Empoleon aren't supports. That would leave one other unknown, which I would wager might end up being one of the gen 7 starts' final forms, since we're pretty close to Sun/Moon.

Or if they wanted to, they could promote sun/moon with all 3 starters.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The gimmick for Sun/Moon is going to be pokemon-trainer fusions, right? It'll probably be a trainer-Lucario fusion or something like that.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The gimmick for Sun/Moon is going to be pokemon-trainer fusions, right? It'll probably be a trainer-Lucario fusion or something like that.

No the gimmick is Super Moves.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

absolutely anything posted:

wanna try out that cool ghost

Excuse me, but his typing is Dark, not Ghost.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
he is not a ghost type but is very clearly a ghost

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I think it's rather obvious that he is darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Guess that new Pokkén tournament Pokémon. Coming to the arcades October 20th.

• Locked thread