Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How does the netcode feel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

fadam posted:

I played a few games with friends and a few games of random matchmaking and every match was as smooth as butter throughout.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this game is loving fantastic. absolutely wonderful gameplay, nintendo and bandai did such a great job with how it looks and feels. I already want so much more from this, really hope they do DLC and more modes or at least expand this into a new franchise because this kicks so much rear end.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Gamestop made a misprint on some in-store flyer and people have been using it at other stores to pricematch Pokken for $40:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

For those in NYC who are having trouble finding the Pokken Controller, VideoGamesNY ordered a lot. They've been selling like crazy too, according to the clerk.

Gamestop is out of stock, Amazon is out of stock.

Nintendo NYC doesn't carry them for no good reason. (They didnt even use them for the stream)

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

fadam posted:

Note code seems ok. The matching though is pretty wonky. I am in Melbourne, Australia and after a whole three seconds of searching it decided someone in frigging Canada was the best match for me.

On another note, does anyone know how significant the whole SLevel thing actually is? Like am I going to get punished hardcore in the story or online if I want to try a few different Pokemon and not stick to leveling one to whatever the cap is?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I really enjoy this game, but I'm baffled as to why they bothered to dub voice actors for all the humans but not the Pokemon

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
My first online match was absolute garbage in terms of stuttering and latency, but the 40 or so games I played after were, as others have said, smooth.

Turned off the English voices as soon as I could, but I'm halfway through B Rank now and I think I regret it, if that's possible?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's almost baffling how bad the voice acting is in this game. It would have been unplayable if you couldn't turn Nia off.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Calihan posted:

On another note, does anyone know how significant the whole SLevel thing actually is? Like am I going to get punished hardcore in the story or online if I want to try a few different Pokemon and not stick to leveling one to whatever the cap is?

I really don't think it matters.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Bought this game and feeling ovewhelmed lol. I like the phase shift thing, but learning one set of moves is hard enough. Now I need to learn two?? Just gonna spend some time in training I guess trying to memorize a few basic move.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

What the heck does it mean under sceptiles move list where some of his moves have a growth version that just says "after time has passed" or something. Does that just mean if you don't spam the move it's slightly stronger?
E: Nevermind found out. It's just the second hit on those attacks. That really doesn't need a separate entry in the movelist.

Had a few great online matches. Even my lovely internet handles it great. I get like half a second stuttering at the start of matches then smooth as butter the entire rest of the fight. It's great. Totally in love with chandelure. If you can stack both his debuffs on a guy then hit him with a hex that will straight up take off half his hp bar, it's nuts.

LemonAIDS fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 19, 2016

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Shadow Mewtwo should have been:

But I guess that's a lot of work to model.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Night Blade posted:

Shadow Mewtwo should have been:

But I guess that's a lot of work to model.

Yeah, your nowadays artists aren't really up to that sort of challenge. The problem is that it's too hard. I mean, look at all that stuff hanging off of him. That'd take forever.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

LemonAIDS posted:

What the heck does it mean under sceptiles move list where some of his moves have a growth version that just says "after time has passed" or something. Does that just mean if you don't spam the move it's slightly stronger?
E: Nevermind found out. It's just the second hit on those attacks. That really doesn't need a separate entry in the movelist.

Had a few great online matches. Even my lovely internet handles it great. I get like half a second stuttering at the start of matches then smooth as butter the entire rest of the fight. It's great. Totally in love with chandelure. If you can stack both his debuffs on a guy then hit him with a hex that will straight up take off half his hp bar, it's nuts.

Actually the thing with Sceptile as far as I know is that he can delay the later hits in some of his strings, and if you time the delay just right, it alters the number of hits and the property of that delayed part of the string. It's used in one of his Combo Dojo sample combos.

Chandelure is also really cool. It's really not too hard to stack debuffs on the opponent with him, since his neutral A is such a great move and he has a multitude of ways to combo into both forward+A and neutral A in duel mode. You can also use support pokemon that cause debuffs to help out, too. But yeah, Hex is amazing and it's pretty nuts they even let you combo into it off properly spaced down+Y.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Regular Mewtwo is fun as gently caress and I'm definitely maining him.

I'm surprised how well the online is in this. I just had three lag free matches with people in Japan.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Gamestop made a misprint on some in-store flyer and people have been using it at other stores to pricematch Pokken for $40:

FFFFFFFUCK that's a even better discount than GCU. I hope that flier's still there today after work.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

This game is addicting as hell. I feel like this Pikachu has Seen Some poo poo, because he's a lot angrier than the average Pikachu. It's kind of great.

Had multiple games with people in Japan with no lag or stutter, I'm impressed so far!

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I've been using Gardevoir, and I feel kinda bad that I spent like 50% of matches jumping in the air and shooting a laser beam from halfway across the stage for big damage, and the other 50% throwing out a parade of projectiles.

Then I lose 80% of my life to Machamp in the span of 6 seconds and I'm no longer sorry. gently caress that.

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
I can't decide if my favorite victory pose for Machamp is him doing burpees or him on his knees looking into the sky gloriously.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Gengar is pretty fun but his moves don't feel fluid to me. Might give Braixen, Garchomp, and Suicune a try later.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

not sure how far people are in the tourney mode but at what level do the challengers become actually competent? only one that gave me brain activity at the end of green tourney was the last machamp, really. Haven't tried messing around on Hard difficulty on Single Battles or doing 2player yet but I hope this game goes to EVO, would be so fun to watch these fights.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I've only played with Pikachu Libre the past couple days (haven't had a chance to play much mind) and she feels really really limited in what she can do to the point it feels actually kind of depressing.

Like I'm suplexing a dragon and that's still funny as all hell but her combos are short and it doesn't feel like she does all that much damage.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I am both incredibly impressed and incredibly disappointed that Namco somehow managed to display enough self control to not put Heihachi in the game.

Also do we have an irc or some other manner to communicate and set up matches with each other?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SilverSupernova posted:

I am both incredibly impressed and incredibly disappointed that Namco somehow managed to display enough self control to not put Heihachi in the game.

They gave pikachu some Heihachi moves and poses, don't worry.

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

not sure how far people are in the tourney mode but at what level do the challengers become actually competent? only one that gave me brain activity at the end of green tourney was the last machamp, really. Haven't tried messing around on Hard difficulty on Single Battles or doing 2player yet but I hope this game goes to EVO, would be so fun to watch these fights.

Good news, it's already confirmed for EVO this year.
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokken-tournament-comes-to-evo/

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Starting to get the hang of Braixen. Almost got an online player KOed, mostly by spamming her back-A attack, Giant Fire X.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Made a discord channel for organizing games, maybe drop it in the OP? https://discord.gg/0th271u4YmmhJeQf

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
weavile's my jam

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Is there somewhere in the training mode where I can switch characters real fast and get a feel of them instead of having to leave everything?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Downloading now. I'm so ready to play Machamp 24/7

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Who is everyone playing as the most? So far I'm mainly using Blaziken. Really liking the game. Wish it had more content though. Usually Namco fighters have a lot more.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This game is far too difficult for my tiny brain to understand.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

mabels big day posted:

This game is far too difficult for my tiny brain to understand.
I've basically never played a 3D fighter so same. We'll get there together though, in time.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

IronicDongz posted:

I've basically never played a 3D fighter so same. We'll get there together though, in time.

Be sure to learn when to use Y+B and X+A. That will make you better than a lot of randoms online.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I get the RPS basics but actual fighting game stuff is harder than smash bros is, and also less fun to lose in.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

mabels big day posted:

I get the RPS basics but actual fighting game stuff is harder than smash bros is, and also less fun to lose in.

It's a lot closer to street fighter than it might seem. Keep your guard up, try not to throw out attacks unless you're confident in the absolute safety or ability to connect, etc.

E: join the discord folks! https://discord.gg/0th271u4YmmhJeQf

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
gengar's low stance is top tier

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Emalde posted:

It's a lot closer to street fighter than it might seem. Keep your guard up, try not to throw out attacks unless you're confident in the absolute safety or ability to connect, etc.

I've never played street fighter in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

mabels big day posted:

I've never played street fighter in my life.

Hold block unless you feel like they are going to grab you, attack them as they are winding down from their attack spam

• Locked thread