Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Dosvidanya posted:

Is there a recording option in training mode? I can't seem to find it if there is.
I couldn't find it either. Really disappointing. There's a ton of moves I wanted to try to lab to figure out how to beat them, but the training mode doesn't seem set up to let you use it like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

Rafza posted:

its super disappointing that there's no record feature for training, yeah

hop in the discord later today (4pm eastern) and i'd be down for helping you test stuff

offer extends to anyone in the thread really, as long as you're cool with me recording it!
I guess the two main things I wanted to check out both had to do with Gardevoir. I played against the character for the first time ever in my first match of the tournament last Saturday. I figured out in field mode, when she jumped and threw petals, I could tag her with Chandelure 5Y as she was landing. I don't know if that's a punish or if my opponent just wasn't blocking, though. The other was in duel mode she had some sort of air beam that I wasn't sure how to challenge, I guess it must have been her j.A.

I don't usually get home until like 6pm eastern but I'll def be in the discord when I do. I bought the Wii U literally yesterday and had to spend more time than I wanted downloading updates instead of playing, wanna make up for that tonight.

Ventana posted:

Is there a pokken discord? I didn't one listed in the OP
I found it on page 3. I agree it should be in the OP.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

Spintzel posted:

I played an online match against a Braxien that ran away and slammed fire shots in field phase for the whole two matches. Braxien is god tier
I'm gonna learn Braxien

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

What the hell is with the netcode in this game? I just tried to play 4 ranked matches, and all 4 of them were the laggiest connection I've ever played, followed by disconnects before the first round ended. I lost gold for one of them!

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

Ventana posted:

I played like 20+ matches today, featuring people from like Texas and California and even a dude from Canada, and aside from 2 connections and 1 rage quitter everything was fine here.
I can't even play Massachusetts to New York in this game. RIP

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

Bass Bottles posted:

Do you have a USB Ethernet adapter? When I couldn't connect in Splatoon this fixed my problem. They're super cheap at Staples.
Didn't realize this was a thing. I'll try it out and see if that helps, thanks.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

Ventana posted:

Maybe we should play sometime? Then we could just gauge it there, maybe I'm just lucky or crazy.

(Though maybe we shouldn't, cause I'm also playing Braixen :x )
Lemmie figure out this adapter thing first since having a wired connection should definitely help.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

Bass Bottles posted:

If you play as Mewtwo or Chandeleur you are a bad person and I hate you.
I'm not sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

SilverSupernova posted:

I didn't even realize they existed outside of Japan. I never see them anywhere.
They had some at the Pokken booth at PAX last weekend, so I got a chance to try one out. It's not a bad controller. Surprisingly light though. Not in like a bad way or anything, just, I didn't realize it would be that light.

• Locked thread