Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The only local, same-console multiplayer mode puts one person on the gamepad screen and the other on the TV and it cuts the framerate to 30FPS.

Yeah that is loving insane. I thought I might give the game a try especially since I could get a lot of local people interested, but to have 2 wii u's and 2 tv's to play it as intended is not acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ruggington posted:

Maybe I should buy this game

I keep wanting to buy this loving game but only thing holding me back is the versus play issue.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Truspeaker posted:

Versus is fine, assuming you have a pro controller. It's not ideal, but it's fine.

I do have a pro controller, however I do not have a second wii U. Playing with 1 wii U and someone playing with the frame rate cut in half at a lower resolution while looking at the tablet isn't too appealing. A drat shame because this seems like a fun little casual fighter I could actually get a lot of people interested in locally.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Turns out a friend of mine bought a wii u for this game so I said gently caress it and plunged in myself.

I gotta say as someone who has been playing fighting games all my life, for the first hour or so going through tutorials in this game I was utterly bewildered on whats going on. Its a bit better now but I just fear the field phase and want to get into duel phase as fast as possible.

Also i did the combo training thing for Blaziken and you have to do instant air legs just like chun in sf5 so I feel at home with that.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Why isn't Raichu in this game Raichu is much stronger and cooler than Pikachu.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, I have no idea what sorcery was cast to create this game's netcode but it's been amazing.

Yeah just played a few matches online, netcode seems really legit(especially since wireless is basically the only option for wii u). That and matchmaking is blazing fast holy cow.

I basically still don't know what to do but that was good enough to win most my matches. Is there like, a shoryuken.com or videoseries or something for this game to teach you whats actually going on?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I didn't know weavile's name was pronounced "wee-vile" but I guess I shoulda known better.

I also didn't know machamp is apparently weavile, as the announcer lady always calls machamp that no matter what and its very confusing.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

If you mean Nia the Navigator, she's talking to or about her own Weavile, not your Pokemon of choice.

Oh I didn't know she has one, I don't recall ever seeing it. That makes a lot more sense.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Is anything actually punishable in this game? Or do you always have an option to make a move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

What exactly is the deal with the character types anyway? Do power characters get something technical characters don't and vice versa? Or is it just a "this character wants to play a certain way" label?

• Locked thread