Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I feel like I made a mistake with maining Machamp cause I get zoned on a lot in duel phase, but he's extremely satisfying to play once you get in. I've been trying to focus on good field play so that I can force the phase change at close range so I'm not fighting an uphill battle.

I really enjoy dunking somebody out of field phase and destroying them with throw/close combat mix-ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

What are we supposed to be noticing?

Doesn't it sound similar to a certain popular song?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Anybody else running into a bunch of Braixen players with lag switches in ranked mode? There will be a heavy amount of lag at the beginning of the match while they spam projectiles, then after about 30 seconds the latency will be normal, then between rounds imagine they press the switch again cause it'll be extremely laggy at the beginning of the next round.

Chandalure, Braixen, and Gardivoire all feel fair to fight as Machamp, but gently caress s
Suicunes that only spam two attacks.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

SilverSupernova posted:

Of course the person who thinks Probopass is cool would say something like this.

Probopass is cool tho

I used to wish we had hawlucha instead of libre, but the first time my Machamp got stone cold stunnered by a pikachu an eighth its size my heart was swayed.

If they do dlc I wanna see Golurk and Krookodile

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Hitmonlee could have filled the much needed Bruce Lee imposter slot on the roster

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Rafza posted:

friend, blaziken already does this

hell his winning outro is him holding a kick in the air while going "waaaaaaa"

That reminds me, they should show you your opponent's victory pose instead of only your Pokemon's defeat pose. The outro's give the Pokemon a ton of personality but you only get to see them when you play as them.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Any Machamp players know how to work Scary Face in? I keep getting punished when I use it online.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

My current least favorite move is both Pikachu's grabs. Why do the tiniest characters also have the advantage of the longest grab range? Libre's grab also has a tall hitbox, so it grabs people out of the air too :argh:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Can't give enough advantages to speed characters can they?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

-move faster, but have lower hp and damage
-get sync faster, but it doesn't last as long
-will win the match under this extremely specific circumstance
-???

Tiny hurtboxes with huge hitboxes on attacks, their smaller healthpools are easily balanced out by healing every round, and they have the easiest time taking advantage of the attack triangle due to faster attacks.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Bass Bottles posted:

Just encountered someone with over 1000 games played and only 2 wins. They didn't move the entire match.

Are they randomly matching a second Wii U with people online hoping to eventually get matched up on their main account.... so they can grind rank in Friendly Match????

Was it TwitchPlays?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I think single player teaches people bad habits that won't work online. The matches that I was winning at low rank were people that would let me punish their ground beam spam from across the field with Machamp's midair homing attack.

Also I'm pretty sure levels don't mean much. I have max attack and hardly increases damage by more than a few points even on stronger attacks.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 3, 2016

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

What is the point of stat boosts then? :psyduck:

You feel good about leveling up, even when you're losing.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

So Machamp is still the joke character, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm excited for Croagunk, his animations look great.

I wonder if they'll put these Chara terms out as dlc or hold back for a Switch rerelease

• Locked thread