Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Just got this game today, and I've only played as Gengar so far but I am having so much fun being a command grabbing jerk who sends people to the shadow realm as a finishing move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Don't you mean the flavor of the month chat program? It was slack before that.

Discord is literally a build of slack with voice chat and game-related features.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

If they ever do any DLC for this game, they should include Ditto, and each one of it's moves should have it turning into a different Pokemon (ala Double From Skullgirls), and it's burst attack would have it turning into many pokemon in rapid succession.

That being said, I'm sad mirror matches don't give your opponent's pokemon the Ditto face.

I was thinking something like Mokujin from Tekken i.e. has a random other Pokemon's moveset that changes every round, but I think a more Double-y moveset like you suggested would be way cooler. Or maybe that would be something for a Smeargle?

Either way they'd have to decide to even do DLC first. There are just so many cool unused Pokemon to choose from :allears:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Yeah I don't know why Hitmonchan/Lee/Top aren't in this game. Give us the DLC, Nintendo. :colbert:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Also where the hell is Scrafty, the best fighting type?

Duel Mode high stance would obviously be pulling up his pants/shed skin.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
So this has happened to me a few times in ranked online matches, so I'm pretty sure it's not just me, but sometimes if I finish a match and queue up for another one I get matched against...the same person. I feel like that shouldn't happen?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Sade posted:

Why don't you just turn advice off completely?

For some reason, even if you do she still says stuff between rounds/after matches. I have no idea why.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

rickiep00h posted:

Did you jump straight into online battles? If so, you're going to run into people that have been leveling the hell out of their 'mons in the single player campaign. A lot of my wins as Suicune come from people just having lower levels or being new at a character, because lord knows I'm not actually good at this game. I'm expecting to start getting severely punished once I hit C-rank or so.

I don't think that actually matters that much, because each point in a stat only increases your damage by .01% for offense, reduces damage by .01% for defense, Burst Mode attack/defense boost and duration by .01%, or support damage and charge time reduction by .01%.

So it kinda looks like defense is the best stat to put points into, since it more-or-less nullifies all the other stat bonuses that someone else might have, but either way they're pretty minute changes.

tl;dr having a higher leveled pokemon doesn't really matter because the stat changes aren't huge

EDIT: VVV They're not, stat changes DO affect online play according to reddit. You can even test it yourself if you want. Look at the damage that an attack does with 0 skill points in offense, then note the change when you put a bunch of points into offense. It'll still do more damage when you go online. Well, depending on how many points your opponent has in defense. Either way, the number might be different :v:

Xad fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 3, 2016

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I want Smeargle, because it would potentially be weird as gently caress/like that tree robot from Tekken where he just has a random moveset every round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Dizz posted:

So are they just gonna remove the Croagunk assist or what?

Nah, you'll be able to have a Croagunk supporting you, playing as a different Croagunk.

• Locked thread