Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
I was hyped for this when it was revealed, and as the years went by I got a little worried when I heard all the rumours about the machines being pulled from arcades and other bad signs.

Pre-ordered regardless and holy moly I do not regret it one bit. I can't sing its praises enough, and my only gripe is the campaign grind and pants-on-head matchmaking algorithms in use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

You can kinda cheese the campaign by just spamming Chandelure's A button flame move. The AI has trouble blocking it for some reason.

I don't feel too guilty about it's an unfun slog and I'll just learn bad habits anyway.

I've basically been using it as a training mode with ramping difficulty before tackling ranked in earnest.

Which leads me to ask; do you goons use the d-pad or the stick to move around? I use the stick out of habit and find it tricky to get dodges off consistently. Is the d-pad the way to go?

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

fadam posted:

How does the netcode feel?

I played a few games with friends and a few games of random matchmaking and every match was as smooth as butter throughout.

• Locked thread