Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm most interested in Pikachu Libre

So I fully expect her to be awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

You also unlock stages and assist pokemon, and you can also dress Nia up too or whatever her name is. The assist lady.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

i risk it all on a good explosion

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like the charizard one that's just the ramblings of a madman

Do I even need to tell you why Charizard is the best I mean really all crammed into a tiny rear end box

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I've only played with Pikachu Libre the past couple days (haven't had a chance to play much mind) and she feels really really limited in what she can do to the point it feels actually kind of depressing.

Like I'm suplexing a dragon and that's still funny as all hell but her combos are short and it doesn't feel like she does all that much damage.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

just watched pikachu libre stone cold stunner a normal pikachu

pokemon shouldn't be fighting like this

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I lost the second fight vs shadow mewtwo when it only had 10 hp left

I'm so salty about that

E: I still got a body splash off on it with Libre so good enough.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SeANMcBAY posted:

gently caress that fight. Just cheese it with Chandelure's A attack like I did.

Is there a option to actually rematch him? It was some story event after I cleared Blue League

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fair enough, and man I hope I get more stages soon. Up to red league and would like to see more then Diggersbyland and that Autumn town.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What is with the league anyway. I just kinda thought about it but there's like 10 new guys and apparently 100+ Highest of the high.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm using Chandalure's A button method to go through the story and just finished the whole shadow mewtwo thing before the top tier things

Curious I hoped online and tried the mash a strat and beat a Machamp with it somehow. In honor of that guy my new greeting is "Machamp is on Fire!"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nia's voice actor is great for Story Mode

Everything she says sounds super condescending like she hates everyone and it's funny.

"Please help mewtwo!"

"Wow! That sounds super bad I guess!" :jerkbag:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Question for Lucha Chu's

1: How do you close the gap effectively with her in both phases? I'm /ok/ when I get in but her walk speed is abysmal in Dual Phase and nothing other then the easy-to-see coming dive kick really closes the distance fast enough.

2: Sometimes in her Y Y Y combo her fist becomes blue and you can do a lot of other poo poo after it. Problem I'm having is the instructions say "carefully time the presses" and I'm pretty sure the game is lying to me and it's random because i can push it the exact same and sometimes get it to come out and other times it's just the normal yellow one. This one is super frustrating and if anyone can clear it up that would be nice.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Reznor posted:

I am full of noob emotions. How do I use suport pokemon other than the first three online? I unlocked some bUT I don't have thr option to choose them.

You choose at the my village thing or whatever it's called.

Also man I'm a clusterfuck online. I fought a guy who just threw a ton of poo poo at me and if I managed to close in would hold his shield up to catch me and toss me. I'm so bad I had no idea what I was doing :negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Reiley posted:

If someone is shielding your approach you can use your X combo in Field Mode and just hold the last input, the burst does piercing damage and forces the shift to Duel Mode. Mishima Pikachu has a really good Field Mode move in back+Y, where you very quickly leap forward and burst into Duel Mode.

Yeah as I'm playing more I'm starting to grasp stuff I was underappreciating like the counter attack on the triangle. Just remembered it and went like 10 wins in a row before taking a break.

I really should probably try to learn someone other than Libre at some point but her attacks are so fun I feel like I'd instantly be downgrading myself if I didn't stone cold stunner everyone.

E: Except Gengar, I remember hearing that he was broken when the game was just arcade stuff and I have no goddamn idea what I'm supposed to do against him. He's scary as all hell.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ran into another Libre

First Round I nearly got perfected, second round I returned the favor, third round was a slobberknocker of stunners and flying kicks. He uses his burst and whiffs and I catch him with mine for the win.

Jesus christ this game is good

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Gorp posted:

Hi, new to the thread.
Machamp sucks right? He gets zoned harder in duel phase than in the actual zoning phase?

Machamp actually does pretty well but requires you to really know the triangle. I believe he has the most HP and he's supposed to use it to run in and kill everything in like 3 hits. He's scary as all hell when he gets in and forces me to try and play more carefully then usual because if he touches me it's over.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I only stopped to listen to voiced lines because lmao everyone is gargling marbles.

Award goes to Walter though. I'm pretty sure he sent the studio like 500 files and they were all just one word a piece. His reading of [SHADOW SYNERGY STONE] is the exact same every time he says it and it's the only logical thing I can think of to explain it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I thought that I'd finally try out another fighter but then I got a perfect round ended with Libre's burst and decided nah I'm good.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A machamp just beat the hell out of me if it makes him seem more appealing :v:

Was close as hell too but eh

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please watch this video

Apparently Weaviles High stance and Pikachu's Low stance repair their block shield thing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So shadow Mewtwo has a infinite.

Backwards Y then enhance it with Miracle Eye repeat. If they're blocking they can't lower their shield anymore and they're just stuck eating it forever. That's literally it. It drains you to 1hp as well but due to how the game works on %'s instead of exact numbers it'll always give him the win away.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Xad posted:

Yeah I don't know why Hitmonchan/Lee/Top aren't in this game. Give us the DLC, Nintendo. :colbert:

Probably because it feels like half the cast is already gen 1 pokes and they felt they should acknowledge that others exist too.

I'm fine with them never showing up or at least not until we get a lot more in terms of generation variation.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nia is a psychopath and hallucinates a weavile partner for herself. It's why you never see it and she just shouts at the air.

It's also why she follows you around in the story for literally no reason like lady who even are you

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ventana posted:

The funny thing is that she's even goading you during the story and leagues. "You're almost as good as me!" "But I think Weavile and I still have the upper hand, heh."

Funniest part about this is at the end of blue league I think she says "wow you're better then me at this point!" and as soon as you beat the next league "Haha you're almost as good as me!"

Dunno why but just found that amusing.

jivjov posted:

Is the first shadow Mewtwo fight after the Green League supposed to be unwinnable?

You can win but unless you're doing the Chandalure a button spam or you've spent a good amount of time learning the game online you probably aren't going to beat him on your first attempt.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

jivjov posted:

I was kicking his poo poo in up until about the last 100HP when suddenly he started blocking everything I was throwing at him...not sure what changed, or if I just lost the rhythm of the fight, or what.

His AI gets a little bit better when he's low on HP but it's still doable.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Theta Zero posted:

I just realized that the trainer that rides by on a bike on the village stage in a loop with a Volcarona behind him is hatching eggs using its heat body ability.

The daycare center nearby also has like 20 Gabites bouncing around in it and a single ditto.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pollyanna posted:

Weavile is the best character in the game and none of you can convince me otherwise. :colbert:

i have never seen that intro at the beginning of the video and oh my god i need it

I think that's a winning animation.

Also I kinda wonder if this game was almost another Detective Pikachu and they had a really low budget on localizing it. The awful voicework, stiff translation, and the fact the pokemon themselves use their Japanese names is kinda weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What if Nia got more competitive the higher your rank is

Like early on she does her usual "The most important thing is to have fun" but if you're at the top she's like "Yo pull the plug if it looks like you'll lose who cares about Pokedollars winning is literally all that matters"

• Locked thread