Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Are people really mad about the fighting type thing? It's a Pokemon game, they should all be wacky non-humanoid bullshit monsters. Where's the bag of garbage?

I'm mad there's not Hariyama, but that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Machamp strong

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This game is far too difficult for my tiny brain to understand.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I get the RPS basics but actual fighting game stuff is harder than smash bros is, and also less fun to lose in.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Emalde posted:

It's a lot closer to street fighter than it might seem. Keep your guard up, try not to throw out attacks unless you're confident in the absolute safety or ability to connect, etc.

I've never played street fighter in my life.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

From a video I watched, Emolga is a very good partner for Machamp in the field phase, because you can combo its hits into a Bulk Up boosted Cross Chop to get in on someone from a decent range, and it lowers their speed for the Dual Phase right afterwards.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Is Garchomp a grappler though? He has a lot of big slashing kind of hits and I don't know if he has any kind of special grabs like Machamp does.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Please watch this video

Apparently Weaviles High stance and Pikachu's Low stance repair their block shield thing.

:staredog:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This game needs a Rock type that uses stealth rock traps and bolsters its defense as its strategy as a Technical character. Probopass would be perfect for this, and has the benefit of being really cool.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Having a true flying type Bird Pokemon like Pidgeot or Braviary would be awesome too.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

people keep asking for this and i think hawlucha's overrated and pikachu libre turned out better than hawlucha could have with the same gimmick.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Pokemon That are cool that should be in Pokken:

Hawlucha
Marowak
Greninja
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Infernape
Garbodor
Scyther
Aerodacty
Shedinja
Shuckle

Probopass can be support

No, maybe, maybe, no, no, no, yes, maybe, yes, funny joke answer, funny joke answer.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Why does fennekin make you invincible. Do any other supports do that?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Here's the real list of Pokemon that should make it in

Scizor
Scrafty
Golurk
Feraligator
Malamar
Aegislash
Galvantula
Ditto

Maybe, maybe, hell yeah, hell yeah, no, maybe, maybe but probably not, no.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm in love with Nia.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Pokemon get new intros once you get them above level 50. Garchomp tries to eat the camera and starts laughing while Mewtwo slowly turns around and then points. It's fun.

I was wondering why Machamp's intro was suddenly better

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Charizard is probably low-key one of the best characters in the game

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Emalde posted:

Sm4sh has the benefit of being on the 3DS which means units sold and the increased revenue from being on a system that isn't the WiiU and justifies DLC.

Pokken was meant to get all of its DLC over the course of its arcade lifespan but that was cut short by the realization that Bamco was unable to generate worthwhile AI to challenge people who aren't just playing against other humans and turned out to be massively unprofitable as people would get 40-60 minute plays on a single credit and never touch the game again. It's why the WiiU version was rushed out and likely is why it lacks any serious usability features (lobbies, replays, etc) that Bamco otherwise knows how to develop in their fighting games.

Yeah but i want snorlax and pinsir.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

When are they going to add good characters to the game.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Reznor posted:

I just dunked on a scrub lord in all range mode with machamp. Their salty tiers were delicous. No one expects the machamp zone game.

I think Machamp is better in field phase than he is in duel phase.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

If its not Pinsir, Muk, Feraligatr, or Golurk, I ain't buyin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Finally, I want to play this game. A good Pokemon I like was all it needed.

• Locked thread