Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I am both incredibly impressed and incredibly disappointed that Namco somehow managed to display enough self control to not put Heihachi in the game.

Also do we have an irc or some other manner to communicate and set up matches with each other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

R. Pika can attack by ramming her rear end into the enemy.
This is officially the best game ever.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Reiley posted:

Animals don't wear hats.

Pikachu does.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Probopass... has the benefit of being really cool.

You and I seem to have wildly different definitions of the word "cool."

Also I don't care about anything else, I just want to see Smeargle added as a fighter throwing out some wildly improbably abilities.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

mabels big day posted:

people keep asking for this and i think hawlucha's overrated and pikachu libre turned out better than hawlucha could have with the same gimmick.

Of course the person who thinks Probopass is cool would say something like this.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Every time I lose matches in online mode, Nia keeps congratulating me and telling me how her advice must really be helping me.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Spintzel posted:

I played an online match against a Braxien that ran away and slammed fire shots in field phase for the whole two matches. Braxien is god tier

Chandelure and Suicune can counterspam, Suicune can make an ice wall, Pikachu, Weavile, and Blazeken can easily run around them, Machamp can just power through them, and Gengar can just shadow punch her from across the map.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The Gorp posted:

Can anyone help me with learning Gengar?
-What is his gameplan? To get in, to zone, or to play whatever the opponent isnt?
-What is the point to the fade in his strong combo, should i be trying to challenge moves with its invuln?
-What should I be doing during field phase?

As someone who plays machamp/charizard/chandelure I typically have characters with a single thesis of "Get the hell in" or "Zone like crazy".
I could use some help finding out what the hell Gengar actually wants.

Gengar's a versitile and unpredictable one. One of his biggest deals is that his Mega gauge builds up the slowest, but his mega form completely changes his playstyle and lasts the longest of any fighter.
In field, his projectiles are slow, which is useful for keepaway. I'd say his best ranged options are his air projectile, and his regular a attack. His back a (Shadow Punch) can hit the enemy from anywhere in the arena and is really helpful for catching others off guard.

In Duel phase, you can keep up this strategy (minus the aerial projectile bit) and use his Up A charged to plant a stationary shadow ball. His down A is also really helpful when they get close, but this also deals a little damage to Gengar so use it with caution.

Also his command grab (Hypnosis) can combo into his regular grab in normal form and into his mega attack in Mega form.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 25, 2016

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

I like that they've fulled embraced Lucario's identity as "DBZ Transplant Character" for Pokken.

Same for Mewtwo. Both Mewtwos.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Cicadas! posted:

Maractus or bust!

This, but unironicly.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Rexroom posted:

Did anyone ever purchase one of those Pokkén dedicated controllers?

I didn't even realize they existed outside of Japan. I never see them anywhere.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

absolutely anything posted:

wanna try out that cool ghost

Excuse me, but his typing is Dark, not Ghost.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I think it's rather obvious that he is darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Another reveal, another not-Hawlucha to ruin my day.
(I'm still totally down with the steel penguin).

• Locked thread