Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Downloading now. I'm so ready to play Machamp 24/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

mabels big day posted:

This game is far too difficult for my tiny brain to understand.
I've basically never played a 3D fighter so same. We'll get there together though, in time.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
gengar's low stance is top tier

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
surrounding my avatar with hearts+sparkles atm

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
why does this plaid flannel lookin jacket have a j.o crystal with it

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Some of these trainer comments are truly incredible

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
JWong+Appleboom has been really fun to watch so far

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

I've never seen a twitch chat so anal about the names/pronounciation of things before

JetpackHowwy posted:

What is discord?
a much better chat program than skype

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

it's hosed up that both the school uniform and a pompadour exist in this game, yet this is the closest I can get. where's my bodytype/pose options namco :(

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
can't fuckin believe the probopass hate itt. if you can say with a straight face that you don't want to see this-

-animated in 3D pulling off sick combos, you are basically No Fun

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nia is a psychopath and hallucinates a weavile partner for herself. It's why you never see it and she just shouts at the air.

It's also why she follows you around in the story for literally no reason like lady who even are you
I really wish there were more unlockable advisors. it's actually kind of insane that there aren't tbqh.

they could at least use the voiceacted people that have special fights on their own spots on the map before chroma league

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it'd be better than having Nia pop on my screen at the end of every single goddamn round

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I've put some time into Sceptile. How good is he? I'm assuming he's somewhere around mid-tier.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Turning the "Voice" slider all the way down also does not affect pokemon sounds.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
braixen is definitely not top tier

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Sceptile has 570 health, what's normal in this game? Because that doesn't seem like much less.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
the 'chu is definitely top tier, as early as it is

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Reiley posted:

In timeouts it determines the winner by who has a greater percentage of their health bar, I believe, so I wonder if having 1hp as a small character might count as a percentage victory over having 1hp as a large one.
It does. This happened in a tourny a bit ago

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
The only downside imo is that the other dude let it get to that because he didn't know that that would happen, but I imagine everyone who plays professionally now knows

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Inflammatory posted:

-move faster, but have lower hp and damage
-get sync faster, but it doesn't last as long
-will win the match under this extremely specific circumstance
-???
-every one of them still does good or very good damage
-getting sync faster is generally better than it lasting longer, especially since it means you get a heal every round
-"faster" characters are already usually a lot better than "stronger" characters in fighting games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Bass Bottles posted:

When some gets up from a knock-down and I try to grab them, usually the glowy light around us will turn orange and I'll get hurt/knocked back. What is happening?

Also, how do I not get instantly destroyed every time I am knocked down and they stroll over to me for a grab?
Grabs are beaten out by normals, that is what is happening.

Counters beat normals, grabs beat counters, normals beat grabs. it's like pokemon starters water/grass/fire weakness triangle

• Locked thread