Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
I got over the nervousness pretty quickly, but I've had a bunch of interviews where I spend an hour or two talking to them and at the end all that I've concluded is that they aren't total idiots. Giving people oppontunities to convince me that I'd never want to work with them is easy, but actually assessing the people that don't shoot themselves in the foot is definitely an important skill that I have not yet acquired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Suspicious Dish posted:

alex st john is a giant turd shitheel but i cant find any way of reading "Potential money is worth more than actual money." that isnt satire

He made millions off his Microsoft stock (where he helped make DirectX a thing) and his life has been entirely defined by those few years.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

If you want someone to write code then don't ask them to solve a math problem. My answer to the question as stated would be "with a calculator" or "with pencil and paper" because it's an easy algebra homework problem.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

Asking people to spend more time lying to you only catches the bad liars. There are a lot of people that can spend a long time talking about what other people on their team did as if it was them without getting tripped up.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Then thats #define class struct
And it should always work.
It's UB if you include any standard library headers afterwards, and members of classes are allowed to have different name mangling from members of structs. The compiler could also decide to lay out the sections differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

In C++? A surprising amount!

Yeah, things which sound like useless C++ trivia turn out to be relevant far more often than you'd hope.

• Locked thread