Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Could also be an intentional thing. Coding nerds do not have a good reputation when it comes to explaining why someone else is wrong in constructive way. I might want to test if someone not only has the confidence to defend something they think is right in the face of 'power' saying its wrong but also to see of they do it in an educational way or a smug haha your dumb and I must prove Im right way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

leper khan posted:

Please don't be combative as an interviewer. It makes a very stressful situation much worse. If you want to make sure someone can explain things thoroughly, try, "I'm not sure I follow, .." over "No, the thing you said is wrong" /especially/ when the thing they said is not wrong. There is one company I have labeled as toxic for doing this both times I interviewed with them (right out of school, and the last time I was hunting); I will not pursue candidacy with them at any point in the future.

Basically, don't be smug yourself just to see if they're smug. You're being interviewed too.

Yeah, I would never do this, just trying to think of reasons why somebody might have.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

Behavioral interviewing is just asking questions like "Tell me about a time you [did something]". It's good if it's done well.

Yeah Ive always used the STAR way of answering (Situatuon, Target, Action, Result) helps frame your answer and tick the boxes especially if you remember result includes not only what you learnt but how you then passed your learning on to help others learn as well.

• Locked thread