Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Interviewed a guy who dropped every curse word, except "gently caress", multiple times during the interview. I wasn't even asking technical questions, just kinda feeling for personality.

So I tell management, he seemed like an okay guy, but his language was really salty. They explained he had just got out of the navy :pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Sex Bumbo posted:

From a different perspective, he's probably really sensitive about how he's worked shitloads of hours, burnt out, and while he does have something to show for it, it probably isn't proportional to the misery he had to endure.

It makes sense that he's bitter towards millennials. Younger people in tech get paid very well relative to others their age. You can almost trivially learn how to do most programming-type jobs online for free.

Also, I don't know for sure and I really don't want to speculate too far, but it definitely sounds like he ruined his own marriage because of his job.

Given that it makes a lot of sense that it feels "unfair" that some kid can get up to speed with trivial effort, work 30 hour weeks, and maintain human relationships today. He's disproportionately invested so much into who he is that it's unbearable to think that a "millenial" might be doing better than him. Since this is literally the case right now, he needs to create his own hosed up value system where everything he did was actually incredibly important and kids today are definitely going to get what's coming to them -- unless they take to heart his sage words of wisdom.
Your version of reality sounds really buggy, are you sure you've applied all the latest patches?

• Locked thread