Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
alex st john is a giant turd shitheel but i cant find any way of reading "Potential money is worth more than actual money." that isnt satire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Plorkyeran posted:

He made millions off his Microsoft stock (where he helped make DirectX a thing) and his life has been entirely defined by those few years.

wait, so you should not work for the money, but for fun challenges, but you should also believe that what you do should make the company successful enough to really want stock options?

oh. i just realized. his view of "the best programmer" is literally exactly him, including the hypocritical bits.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

baquerd posted:

He's a total prima donna, but that doesn't mean he's completely wrong, he's just got a start-up founder kind of mentality.

I have never seen a startup that values their employees as little as he does, or is as misogynistic as he is, and I work in San Francisco and hang out at bars with startup founders all the time.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
abandon thread

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
i have interviewed lots of people and i would say 95% of people can write a fizzbuzz?

do people really have different experiences? there was the famous spolsky article where he was interviewing for a technical finance person, and most people had finance backgrounds, not programming backgrounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
can i have a 350-700k salary as "fanfiction writer"?

• Locked thread