Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird
Jun 4, 2012

by zen death robot

Walh Hara posted:

Ha, fair point, my example is wrong (but my claim that there are ways to calculate fibonacci in linear time is not). Either way I was just pointing out that when people say "solve fibo with recursion" you do not necessarily have to answer with fibo(n) = fibo(n-1) + fibo(n-2). Whether you use recursion or iteration shouldn't really change the time complexity (big O) of the optimal solution of any problem if you know what you're doing.

That said, if I went to a job interview and somebody asked me the fibonacci question I'd be quite offended so I agree it's a silly interview problem.

your example is iterative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread