Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Don't you just burn the first rope for 30 minutes, then wait until half of the other rope is burned for another 15 minutes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Strong Sauce posted:

i have probably mentioned this story before in the job threads.

this was >4 years ago

basically one of the authors of a very popular frontend framework (not the position i was applying for) spent all his time looking down at his laptop chatting with his friends during the interview. the only times he looked up was when he walked in the door to say "hello" but didn't bother to allow me to introduce myself because he went right back down to looking at his laptop.

then looking at my resume, he asked me to either reimplement jquery or eventmachine from scratch. i chose jquery because gently caress if i know how a C or C++ library was written for ruby.

he pretty much spent the rest of the interview on his laptop. he looked up one time to check my progress, said something about, "how does jquery implement that?" (so of no real help at all), and went back down to his laptop.

Misko Hevery?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Probably depends on the university too. The University of Toronto puts a 2.0 GPA at about a 67% average, and tries to have the average course grades be around there, so a 2.0 GPA would probably be around average.

• Locked thread